Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Swarovski 8x56 Habicht vs S&B 8x56 Hungarian

Swarovski 8x56 Habicht vs S&B 8x56 Hungarian

I was looking at a for sale thread for a Swarovski 8x56 Habicht scope & was wondering how it compared to a S&B 8x56 Hungarian that I was thinking of buying soon; while I am at it how would a Doctor 8x56 compare to these two. I would be interested to hear what people think. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Neumo View Post
    I was looking at a for sale thread for a Swarovski 8x56 Habicht scope & was wondering how it compared to a S&B 8x56 Hungarian that I was thinking of buying soon; while I am at it how would a Doctor 8x56 compare to these two. I would be interested to hear what people think. Thanks.
    My Swaro 8x56 Habicht is the best low-light scope I've ever looked through. It beats two friends S&B 8x56 hungarian's by around 15minutes.

ive looked though both s&b/swari (in low light together) and to my mark one eyeball i could not see much difference at all

I'd agree 223 until those last few minutes. I've shot foxes when it's been too dark to see where I'd left my sticks under the high seat with it and several in the dark in the snow with no lamp.

Myself and some mates directly compared the S&B and Swaro 8X56 scopes side by side one evening as the light faded. We all agreed that there was nothing between them.

Can't comment on the Doctor I'm afraid.
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:
    http://www.7south.co.uk/

Myself and my mentor at the time , and now great friend compared my Schmidt gear to his swaro . To my delight and his amazement there was zero time in it . The same

However I do think the Schmidt gear is more rugged .

I don't think there is much in it either. I prefer the S&B but others say the the Swaro are slightly brighter to them, I don't know if we all see things slightly different?

I'm not sure that I would agree about the Schmidt being more rugged Acm, once again I think that they are much the same however that's only my personal view.
    Frankly I would be more than happy with either scope.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Thank you all for the benefit of your experience. Sounds like there is not much in it, which is nice to know.

owned both the schmidt 6x42 and swaro 6x42. no diff in terms of light gathering, but the crosshairs on the classic s&b can be very thick so can obscure a target, on the other hand, is therefore better in challenging light where you can sometimes 'lose' a think crosshair..tit for tat...however, I agree with the above comments. the finish is tougher on the S&B's, and the turrets are much sturdier (IMHO). for overall quality I would go S&B. I dropped mine on it's head from the bonnet of a car onto gravel a couple of times, and believe it or not, POI never shifted one bit, the paint didn't even scratch or chip! one thing though, the tracking when sighting in or adjusting the S&B is not quite 1cm/100m dependable, sometimes a click will shift 2-3 cm..but once sighted in, they're solid, very very solid. I found the swaro tracking excellent, but the turrets soft and plasticy.

if you want best of both worlds, buy a classic zeiss.

Some posters have said there's no appreciable difference between Swaro and S&B. If that's the case, I've just lost my desire to own a Swaro scope. I had one of the S&B 8x56 scopes for a while and I couldn't work out why everyone raves about them. I sold it on and replaced it with a Docter 2.5-10x48 and I'm now a happy bunny.
    I use Swarovski binos and they are superb. I can't believe Swaro can't build a scope that beats the S&B offering.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.