Thread: Vintage Mitchell Hunting Knives...

Vintage Mitchell Hunting Knives...

Why vintage?

Recently I was contacted by a Sheffield company that my dad used to do outwork for, on almost a sub contract basis, he would make knives to their design, that they ordered, from Monday to Friday, deliver them unbranded on that Friday, get his wages and then the knives would be branded with that name/logo of the company that had ordered them...

The company that contacted me had a stack of knives, all made by my dad, well before my time, these knives have been largely untouched for maybe 35 years, maybe more, since the day they were delivered...

A few of the patterns I think are relevant here, I think these four definitely, the bottom four, the clip point blades...

What I should say about these is that what you should not expect here is a modern day, custom made knife, these are old school and made for this country in a different era...

You need to expect imperfections, grinds are not what I grind today, fit, finish is as was expected back then, I would not attempt to get away with it now, some display small gaps, edges might need a little attention, one or two even display small cracks around the rivets...

What I cannot do is attempt to make them good, I am a bit of a perfectionist and me making these perfect, as I will want to do if I get started, is a huge investment in time, and so cost to you, which leads me to cost, all the above said my asking price will reflect it, they are offered at what I think a great price...

I am also possibly preparing you for a worst case scenario here...

All that said what they are though is good, honest, working knives...

So here are a few more photos...

Only the four clip points are on offer here (the drop point is already sold), two of them display the blade markings of George Wostenholm, Sheffield England, two have no blade marks at all, first come first served for your preferred etched or not...

420 SS blades, slotted brass guards and Rosewood scales, no sheaths...

Now these are very nice knives and I don't want to undersell them too much, that said they are still great value with the above in mind so these are priced at an all in 65 each...

All in of course includes PP fees and RMSD within the UK, overseas is fine at a little extra cost...

Cracking knives here, they really are...

can i ask what length the blades are please, can't see these hanging around long, atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Quote Originally Posted by mereside View Post
    can i ask what length the blades are please, can't see these hanging around long, atb wayne
    Doh! Sorry, they have 4" blades...

Memories!
    I was fortunate to have met Stuarts Dad a few times and to have owned a couple of these "back in the day".
    Quality old school knives from a very nice chap

What I should also say with these is that I am happy to forward them to a leather worker who can then send them on to you when they are sheathed, cost for that should be under 40...

Two sold, two no blade mark versions remain...

Not exactly the 40 each custom quality but these do a job, if only temporary, and they are free of charge...

These are added to the deal for the same asking price...