Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hw 60 j and hw 66 (hornet)

hw 60 j and hw 66 (hornet)

Hi there. I have had a look at the weihrauch hw 60 j in .22lr before and loved it although I'm not sure on the look of the bolt. Has anybody got either the 60 or 66 and more specifically in .22 hornet.
    For and against etc etc

Thank you

Pete

I tried to buy two Weihrauch rifles two years ago, one in .22 the other in .222rem. They were particular models that would have been suitable for both field and range. I simply couldn't get a price on them from a well known RFD in this country despite repeated attempts by the shop staff over nearly two months of trying. I witnessed their attempts on several occasions so have no doubts about their honesty. I then tried contacting Hull Cartridge Company on three occasions who are supposed to be the importers for Weihrauch with out receiving even an acknowledgment so bought something else instead.

I still fancy these rifles but actually purchasing them in this country seems out of the question. Frankly it seems that Weihrauch are not interested in selling in the U.K. other than air rifles. Such a pity because the few guys that I have met who shoot them really liked them and I am sure that I would be the same.
    Last edited by 8x57; 26-02-2014 at 08:59.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Thanks 8x57. F a andersons a local gun shop to me list them in 22 and 17 hmr. The 60 j and 66 at least. I think you may have been after the one with match trigger and vented stock ? I have enquired a price for both 60 and 66 in .22 hornet so will let you know if I have any success

I've just sold my HW66 Jagdmatch in 17 HMR. Changed it for a Hornet, but unfortunately, not a Weihrauch.

The build quality is outstanding. Superb trigger, deep bluing and a great stock (which looks heavier than it is).

George

I have a HW60J in 22 Hornet.

It is very well made with excellent wood. It is accurate and does everything I want it to do. All in all a very nice rifle. My only criticism is not aimed at the rifle but at the importers, Hull Cartridge who don't seem the least bit interested in their firearms

I don't think anyone would be disappointed in the HW60J Hornet.

I had the chance to have a good look at the hornet version a few weeks back, very nicely made and finished.
    But compared to my CZ also very heavy, nice rifle though.

Neil.

Have the 66 in .17hmr. Best trigger of any rifle I have used. Would prefer a different calibre now but nothing to do with the rifle itself which is excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    I had the chance to have a good look at the hornet version a few weeks back, very nicely made and finished.
    But compared to my CZ also very heavy, nice rifle though.

Neil.
    Yes I would agree, it is a little on the heavy side compared with a CZ but nothing out of the way

I bought a .222 once, but returned it as there was a problem with it. It wouldn't eject, the top of the mag is used to flick the cases out at the final stage, but this wears in time as the bolt pulls back across it. Couldn't source a replacement mag so the rifle had to be returned. This was from a private sale on the bbs forum many years ago, nice little rifle that I really liked.

Quote Originally Posted by pj1 View Post
    Hi there. I have had a look at the weihrauch hw 60 j in .22lr before and loved it although I'm not sure on the look of the bolt. Has anybody got either the 60 or 66 and more specifically in .22 hornet.
    For and against etc etc

Thank you

Pete
    The Actions in the HW60/66 are the same so its down to the choice of Stock, Barrel and Triggers, I have the HW66 Jagd Match in .22 Hornet, I went for that over a CZ because it fitted me better and I think the trigger is excellent also as Neil said well made and finished. I love Weihrauchs full stop and yes they are heavier on the whole than others out there but not by much so it really comes down to which you prefer, Would I have a CZ 527 instead of my Weihrauch ? Yep no probs they will both shoot better than I can so you pays your money and takes your choice, I waited 3 months for mine to be imported but that was over 18 months ago, its probably longer now.