Thread: belgian hunter wanting to bring his rifles to uk

belgian hunter wanting to bring his rifles to uk

Hello...my uncle Marcel who lives in belgium wants to bring his own rifles to uk instead of using the estate rifles that he has used in the past...does he need to apply for a uk eu licence like us to visit outside uk..or just inform the belgian flo so to speak that he wants to visit the uk with his stalking rifles......
    Cheers
    ps he also asks if the forestry commision sells days high seat shooting ? I have never had any.... dealings with the FC
    Last edited by exmarksman9870; 26-02-2014 at 11:54.

He needs a European Firearms Pass, or Carte Européenne d'Arme a Feu. But he will also need to apply for a visitor's firearms pass in the UK. I believe his host can do this for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    He needs a European Firearms Pass, or Carte Européenne d'Arme a Feu. But he will also need to apply for a visitor's firearms pass in the UK. I believe his host can do this for him.
    Cheers...if i invited him to stalk with me on my shoots..could i apply for his visitors pass ? If so what is the process....cheers.
    Last edited by exmarksman9870; 26-02-2014 at 12:02.

Most police forces have the info on their websites . Eg Police Scotland. Also have a look at BASC.

Visitors Permits and Firearms Dealers - Police Scotland

it's really easy, you need a copy of his European Firearms Pass to submit with the application. The sponsor fills in the application which details where the guest will be shooting and what arrangements are in place for the safe keeping of the guns when they are here. The permit costs £12... bargain

Quote Originally Posted by Paul at Fechan View Post
    it's really easy, you need a copy of his European Firearms Pass to submit with the application. The sponsor fills in the application which details where the guest will be shooting and what arrangements are in place for the safe keeping of the guns when they are here. The permit costs £12... bargain
    Great...thank you so much....i hope also to visit him as i have not been for over 25 years....

Works very well as system. Get an annual one would be my advice.

ATB,

Scrummy

Quote Originally Posted by scrumbag View Post
    Works very well as system. Get an annual one would be my advice.

ATB,

Scrummy
    Perhaps, but will require him to be coming for several visits during the year to get an annual one and will require
    the dates as (much as is possible) when you make the application.

Get the form from your local Firearms department, some rural stations also keep a few to hand , easy to fill in some places take longer than others to process my area requires 28 working days remembering that you then have to send it to him around about another 4 days to Belgium, so to avoid disappointment aim to make the application
    about 6 weeks before his visit.

Remember the security has to be in place for visitors to the UK that security needs to be checked by the police
    if it has not been done prior, so again allow time for this when making the application, some forces will allow him to use your cabinet if he has a trigger lock fitted to his rifle, others are less keen, suggest you enquire about their requirements prior to application.

You will also need to say where he will be shooting when you make the application, they won't grant an open
    permit so as to speak, but if he does get an invite while in this country it is usually just a case of informing local police where he will be shooting and again police approved security if staying elsewhere than the UK address on his permit.

Hope that covers all your questions.
    Last edited by bogtrotter; 26-02-2014 at 14:50.