Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bino's for kids?

Bino's for kids?

My boys are getting more interested in coming out with me and we all sat in my highseat on Sunday at dusk waiting for the wildlife to come out so we could watch. They have a small pair car boot obtained 4x20's or something like and they are obviously rubbish. I want them to be able to see stuff or they will get bored and lose interest!

Question is do you think a pair of 8x25 or 8x30 binos would be good enough for them to use? Having twins I am only looking for something around 15 - 20 coz I have to buy two of everything!! Can't wait til they start shooting!!

Stratts
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

Go to your local charity shops - there are often decent old binos there for pennies. - I got a pair of 8x30 Zeiss in ok condition for a fiver that way! Just be sure to try them to be sure they aren't out of alignment.- You don't want crosseyed kids!
    No need to skimp on quality - just don't buy any that you wouldn't use yourself - that wouldn't be fair (plus they will then be spares for you!)

Ian

A few years ago I went down the 8x32 path, fed up carrying full size bins.
    2 years ago I bought a pair of Meopta MeoStar 10x32's and love them, clear crisp images and fine in low light.
    Late last year I treated myself to a pair of Zeiss Victory 8x20's, now the seem to be all I use, so yes small bins can do the job.
    As for the price, I'm sure there are cheap bins out there that will do what you require, and the good news is there is a vast array
    of small cheap bins to choose from.

Neil.

Sportsman Gun Centre have quite a lot of last years models going for very big reductions. Might be worth a look.

David.

Visionary Classic 10 x 50.
    Less than 30
    Amazing value for money. Use mine all the time.
    I did buy a wider neoprene neck strap for mine though (another fiver) as the one that they came with was crappy, and better lens covers.

Probably a good buy but a child may not be able to hold 10 x steady.

David.

stacks of 8+20 on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by Kalahari View Post
    Probably a good buy but a child may not be able to hold 10 x steady.

David.
    Very good at dusk though, which is one of the things Stratts was after.
    Don't know how old his kids are, but mine manage them ok.
    They are a bit chunky and "retro" looking, but I honestly can't believe that such clarity of vision is available for so little money.
    I've had much better quality binos in the past (ie, more expensive) but these are getting more use than any others I've had. Really pleased with them, for the money.

picked a pair field glasses up 8x30 from back to cash shop tenner old but brilliant not heavy not big.cheers doug.
    DONT START

Cheers for the advice and PM's chaps the boys have just turned 6 so smaller the better really,

Cheers
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory