Thread: More vintage Mitchell, Sambar stag handled ones...

Now sheathed! More vintage Mitchell, Sambar stag handled ones...

Why vintage?

Recently I was contacted by a Sheffield company that my dad used to do outwork for, on almost a sub contract basis, he would make knives to their design, that they ordered, from Monday to Friday, deliver them unbranded on that Friday, get his wages and then the knives would be branded with that name/logo of the company that had ordered them...

The company that contacted me had a stack of knives, all made by my dad, well before my time, these knives have been largely untouched for maybe 35 years, maybe more, since the day they were delivered...

A few of the patterns I think are relevant here, I think these four Sambar handled Hunters certainly fit that bill...

What I should say about these is that what you should not expect here is a modern day, custom made knife, these are old school and made for this country in a different era...

You need to expect imperfections, grinds are not what I grind today, fit, finish is as was expected back then, I would not attempt to get away with it now, some display small gaps, edges might need a little attention, one or two even display small cracks around the rivets...

What I cannot do is attempt to make them good, I am a bit of a perfectionist and me making these perfect, as I will want to do if I get started, is a huge investment in time, and so cost to you, which leads me to cost, all the above said my asking price will reflect it, they are offered at what I think a great price...

I am also possibly preparing you for a worst case scenario here...

All that said what they are though is good, honest, working knives...

So here are a few more photos...

420 SS 4 " blades (no blade markings as they never reached that stage with the company they were made for), brass guards and pommels with beautiful Sambar scales, no sheaths at this stage...

Now these are very nice knives and I don't want to undersell them too much, that said they are still great value with the above in mind so these are priced at an all in 110 each...

All in of course includes PP fees and RMSD within the UK, overseas is fine at a little extra cost...

Cracking knives here, they really are...

I will also help you sort a sheath, I am totally happy to post these on to a leather worker who can then deliver to you when complete, I think sheath/post cost would be around 40...

Cheers all, Stu.
    Last edited by Stuart Mitchell; 27-02-2014 at 17:03.

Game changer maybe..?

These are now sheathed, asking price remains the same...

Last edited by Stuart Mitchell; 27-02-2014 at 17:04.

These are now sold, thank you, there are still a couple of the Rosewood CP Hunters left in my other thread...

Cheers TSD...