Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buck knive

Buck knive

are buck knives any good i have been given one with its case and its a bit big for what i need but im not sure if i should keep it or sell it what are they worth its a buck 110 with the leather case

Cracking knives bud, the 110 is one of the older more traditional designs, still produced now and mainly used as a general workhorse, I've had mine for 10 years and still going strong other than a few wee chips hear and there. I think there about 50-60 new so you'd maybe get 30-35 if it's in really good condition

it has got a couple or cosmetic marks but other than that its fine i might just sell it anyways, i like the smallest knife i can get il put it up for 25 posted and see what happens when i can this is the knife in quetsionClick image for larger version. 

Name:	knife.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	38544

I have a Buck Alpha - its the stainless / rubber handled one, without a gut hook. Really like it, holds an edge well, but takes a bit of time to sharpen.

shouldnt have a problem shifting it at that price mate, if you do decide to sell it let me know as i know someone who will have it

im not the best at sharpening so i dont wannt attempt to lol but bigboab ive sent you a pm

I have had a Buck Old Timer for more than twenty years and the edge still out performs my other knives,
    generally good for 6-8 grallocks before it need a sharpen up.It's probably the last thing I would part with.

thanks for advice everyone

Buck 110 been living in its pouch on my belt for past 23 years. Wouldn't be without it at any time. Simple but effective, and nice traditional styling.

Quote Originally Posted by VSS View Post
    Buck 110 been living in its pouch on my belt for past 23 years. Wouldn't be without it at any time. Simple but effective, and nice traditional styling.
    I'm willing to bet that there's nothing wrong with it either other than the blade now being a little bit shorter than it originally was. I carried a similar knife daily for about the same length of time and used it almost every day. When I purchased mine back in 1979 in San Francisco I had a choice of the 110 or a similar Puma for the same price (about 11). The store owner recommended the Buck as he said they had a problem with the scales coming off the Puma knives, good advise.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.