.375 H&H Ammunition

guybaxendale

What are people paying for their Ammo?

Anyone know of anywhere that has (or might have) Federal 300 grain Barnes Triple Shock in stock

Thanks
Guy

Last edited:
Only thing I can suggest in the absence of anything better is to firstly ring GMK who import Federal ammo and ask if they have any. Then ask them to give you some names of Dealers close to you who can order it in for you.

Yorkie.

In Academy Sports last week (USA), and Remington 270-gr was $55.00. Barnes 300-gr was $69.00.
I have a 270-gr load which has shot well in every .375 H&H I have owned, so I have not bought ammunition in 10 years.
I do plan to develop a milder load with 235-gr bullet so I can do more hunting with my Sako Finnbear, and I may try some Accubonds or TSX bullets at some point.

Thanks folks. Drew a blank with GMK - none coming in the next shipment either.

Just made a couple of calls and think i have tracked some down elsewhere though ;)

I reload its far to expensive to buy over the counter stuff for 375

Maybe one day in the future i will get into reloading but my trip is next month so not an option for now.
Out of curiosity what does a reloaded round cost you ?

Thanks
Guy

28 cents powder - It requires about 70 grains of RL-15, H-4350, etc, so 100 loads per pound
3 cents primer
70 cents a bullet - 50 / box for $35.00
60 cents new brass, but if you have fired brass, you obviously don't have that cost.

So, it costs about $1.60 US for new brass loads, and $1.00 for reloads in fired brass.

If you drop down to a lighter bullet, and a milder load of H-4895 for deer or practice, your cost falls to about $15.00 a box.
You could shoot cast lead at 1,800 fps for a light hunting load, with very little powder, for maybe 45 cents a round.
And believe you me, a 250 to 300 grain bullet at a MV of 1,800 will flatten big deer at 100 yards. Have not done it in a .375, but with a .45-70 and .444

I'm running my 375 on
300 grain sierra bullets £54.00 for 100
H4895 - £44.50 one tub does about 100 bullets
Rem Cases £100 for hundred, 8 - 9 loadings out of them
Federal primers £35.00 per thousand
So my calculations roughly about £1.00 per round if my maths is right !

Thanks folks - its a massive saving that's for sure.
I will be saving my factory loaded brass for the future that's or sure

If your going abroad your bullet head type may be your biggest expense ! I just keep a look out and buy brass when i see it at the right price its been a year or so since i bought brass so that may have gone up in price but still a good saving on bought rounds.

If your going abroad your bullet head type may be your biggest expense ! I just keep a look out and buy brass when i see it at the right price its been a year or so since i bought brass so that may have gone up in price but still a good saving on bought rounds.

Some of the premium Federal rounds are £120 a box in London so it would still be a big saving I'm sure

I reload for 9.3x74r which for factory ammo is comparible in price to .375H&H. It costs me less tha £1 a round to reload as I shop around more and the cost of my powder and primers is less than 375mag quotes. I think that when I last worked it out it came to about 93p a round. Frankly I couldn't afford to shoot it if I didn't reload.

Henry krank sell's PPU its £171 per pack which i assume means per 100 ,they are the importers i believe so i doubt you'll get it cheaper anywhere else and whenever i go in they never have any in stock !!

Back