Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scope for AR15

Scope for AR15

Hi, i'm looking for a scope to go on my AR15 straight pull .223, it needs to have about 6x mag, an objective thats the same size as the tube and not to long, but i'm struggling to find anything that doesn't cost the earth. It's only for short range work and plinking with my .22lr drop in conversion. Any ideas people?

something with an illuminated red dot is a must for speed plinking, lots of choice but you need a budget to work with, how much would you spend?

Quote Originally Posted by techno_brat View Post
    Hi, i'm looking for a scope to go on my AR15 straight pull .223, it needs to have about 6x mag, an objective thats the same size as the tube and not to long, but i'm struggling to find anything that doesn't cost the earth. It's only for short range work and plinking with my .22lr drop in conversion. Any ideas people?
    I have an AGS made for ar15 types , don't have a photo att the mo' but it has a built in piccatinny mount and an illuminated reticle . It's yours for 25 + p+p.

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
    Adolph Hitler 1933

Look at he Vortex range, great or the money

An illuminated dot/cross would be nice, it will be used for occasional fox under the lamp but mostly few targets and the .22 plinking. Well i don't want to go too mad as it's more for fun than serious/competition shooting, upto 150. what model is it? I could have a google of it.

Yeah i love the vortex but way too expensive for what i need.

An illuminated dot/cross would be nice, it will be used for occasional fox under the lamp but mostly few targets and the .22 plinking. Well i don't want to go too mad as it's more for fun than serious/competition shooting, upto 150. what model is it? I could have a google of it.

Yeah i love the vortex but way too expensive for what i need.
    I'll see if I can find a link to it
    "This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
    Adolph Hitler 1933

e o tec all the way, designed with the AR in mind.

Ive just taken some photos of it , it came off a SGC v22 .22lr I just bought , I didn't try it as I had a Nikon ar 223 scope ready to fit.
    Give me your email addy and I@ll send them to you - I can't be arsed reducing them to put up on here , it takes me too bloody long.

Adolph Hitler 1933

Trouble is with an E O tech is the mag, would need a magnifier which that setup will not suit foxing.

Cheers, my email is jrollings@btinternet.com, don't worry i'm not worried who has it lol. How much are the nikon's? Might buy something to get me going then upgrade in the future.