Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: new ford ranger or new isuzu D-max?

new ford ranger or new isuzu D-max?

Looking to get a new truck and undecided on which to get. Not interested in Nissan or land rover .
    Any input from owner's of ford or isuzu would be helpfully. Must be latest model.
    Many thanks.

My money is on the ISUZU, had mine for 7 years and just now upgrading to a newer model, fantastic reliability, good warranty and 3 models to choose from.
    Cheers
    Pete.

Quite like the look of the new ranger with the 3.2D engine with the automatic box. I got my wife a Kuga with the ford auto box and its surprisingly brilliant. Go try it.

Had my d max 8 days now hardly long enough to fully evaluate but first impressions are its very good.
    Its a joy to drive fuel economy is excellent had the cattle trailer on with a few sheep and lambs in and it performs admirably up to now no regrets

got a ranger 2008 3lt wildtrack but like the dmax aswell So ? i would say it feels more roomee "if thats a word"! in the dmax seen the new ranger and seems it is bigger than my type or looks like it. what ever happens get an extended warranty . injectors on the ford are 500 each plus fitting!!

Im looking at both for work at the moment, and had both on demo. It looks like were going Isuzu, there better value for money spec for spec. I also understand there's quite a lead time on Rangers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by White Hart View Post
    Im looking at both for work at the moment, and had both on demo. It looks like were going Isuzu, there better value for money spec for spec. I also understand there's quite a lead time on Rangers as well.
    I have the new ranger 3.2 and can not fault it I had the old ranger as well. You are correct there is a wait for them! My mate has been after the auto and the wait is even longer as is the wild track. I have had mine now for 16 months and it's been to Italy and back and have to say its a dream to drive. I have had very little trouble with mine,my brother in law bought one at the same time as me and I know he has had no problems with his.

I have the D Max Utah and cant fault it at this point, but i've only had it two weeks so hardly a comprehensive review.
    However 5 year warranty and 12k or two year service intervals speaks volumes about their confidence in their own product.

All ready have a 6 year old ranger and been a good motor but looking for something to replace the l200 16-20 weeks wait for ranger 5-6 weeks on D-Max.

I bought the D-Max Utah last July and have clocked up 10,000 trouble free miles, economy is good on standard tyres but having changed them to GG AT's it is OK on runs 35 ish, but short journeys knock it down to 27. Mines an automatic with Truckman canopy.

I have had it remapped so more torque and bhp, but this did not make any difference to the mpg, its definitely the tyres that did that!

A mate has the Ranger and having driven mine he wishes he bought the Isuzu.

Also, shop around I ended up paying 21.5k + VAT for a fully loaded one with SatNav and reversing camera.

HTH

Nick