Thread: Some Payback!

Some Payback!

A real lift to the spirit on the telly, to see the skinnies from somalia getting the sh***y end of the stick for a change, the Dutch merchant seamen petrol bombed the pirates, & then salt gets rubbed in the wound as HDMS Absalom turns up with it's Lynx in attendance, lots of smoke & breaststroke, endex!

I would have thought they would be 'non-swimmers'!

Superb!! Shame I missed it - will keep an eye out.... What channel was it - can't find any reference to it on t'internet

Unfortunately they will have to let them go as no country wil proscicute, Jim

What has happened to hanging pirates from the yard arm
    maybe it's time to bring back some off these old sea faring traditions for 2010

Mighty ships or something it was, & the Danish vessel is the command ship for a task force on police actions, they contact the government of the attacked vessel's country of registry & ask if they want them for trial! 8)

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle69
    What has happened to hanging pirates from the yard arm
    The EU changed the rules last year. Now if they are picked up by an EU warship all they can be charged with is being a"Very Naughty Boy" after which they claim asylum in the EU country of their choice.

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270
    Mighty ships or something it was, & the Danish vessel is the command ship for a task force on police actions, they contact the government of the attacked vessel's country of registry & ask if they want them for trial! 8)
    And if that country is China or anywhere else with the death penalty, a smart lawyer (probably publicly funded) is going to oppose the transfer on the grounds that it will infringe European human rights legislation.

Somalia is going the right way about getting some serious cash investment by the USA!!

Dave

USA cash injection into Somalia

I seem to remember that being tried before....cracking film but hardly a success !!!

Cheers + ATVB

Philip