Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Real nice binos for a decent price...

Real nice binos for a decent price...

Have a pair of these that are real good. May not be as good as the thousand buck ones, but pretty respectable and mine see better than I do.....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0001HKIK...adisplay0bb-21

Bit more expensive obveously but more than 50% here on sale so you can pick up an 800 bit of glass for less than half that Bushnell Elite HD 10x42 ED Binoculars | Uttings.co.uk

i just got a pair of these recently to upgrade from the Nikon Action model myself. .. the image clarity of the Bushnells is amazing ... definitely worth the extra care imo,

Bought my girlfriend a pair of these for christmas, and they've suddenly become my stalking binos too For the money, they're breathtakingly good. Are they 1k good, no, but they're very very good indeed particularly as they had a 40 cashback so were only 209. Vanguard Endeavor ED 8420 8x42 Binoculars: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Barr and Stroud Series 5 8x42 Roof Prism Binoculars
    Price: 154.99

cracking bits of glass for the money.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

I'm teeter tottering between the Nikon Monarch MK3 12x42 DCF @ 179:

Nikon Monarch MK3 12x42 DCF Binoculars | Uttings.co.uk

and the Nikon Prostaff 7 10x42, also at 179:

Nikon Prostaff 7 10x42 Binoculars | Uttings.co.uk

I am happy to look at the above mentioned Vanguard Endeavor ED 8420 8x42, Barr & Stroud Series 5 WP 8X42 et al if there is a good reason to do so.

I'm a very bias fan of Nikon though, so unless there are tangible/actual performance benefits that lift those products beyond the Nikon Prostaff 7 10x42, I think my mind is already made up...

Quote Originally Posted by .30-06 View Post
    I'm teeter tottering between the Nikon Monarch MK3 12x42 DCF @ 179:

Nikon Monarch MK3 12x42 DCF Binoculars | Uttings.co.uk

and the Nikon Prostaff 7 10x42, also at 179:

Nikon Prostaff 7 10x42 Binoculars | Uttings.co.uk

I am happy to look at the above mentioned Vanguard Endeavor ED 8420 8x42, Barr & Stroud Series 5 WP 8X42 et al if there is a good reason to do so.

I'm a very bias fan of Nikon though, so unless there are tangible/actual performance benefits that lift those products beyond the Nikon Prostaff 7 10x42, I think my mind is already made up...
    Just my opinion but I wouldn't get 12 power Binos you're likely to end up with the shakes , ten power is as high as I would go with 8 power being a good magnification for stslking
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    +1 My mentor uses and so I purchased a pair and am delighted with the performance, particularly given the price.

Im very interested in this lads.

MS Have you actually seen through those HD Bushnell binos in Evillemons post? They are blooming brilliant.

If the Minox even came close, I would go for them.

FL

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1984 View Post
    Just my opinion but I wouldn't get 12 power Binos you're likely to end up with the shakes , ten power is as high as I would go with 8 power being a good magnification for stslking
    Understood, and in full agreement - that's why I indicated a stronger interest in the 10x42 Prostaff over the Monarch

I'm very curious about the alternatives mentioned by others above though.

If the Bushnell/Minox warrant closer attention that's what I should be looking at - much as I love Nikon kit I'm not precious enough about a brand to overlook better performance at a similar price, provided it is actually better performance.