Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would you like to see?

What would you like to see?

Gents, as you may have noticed, I will be perched on the corner of Moray Outfittings stand at Kelso.

I am madly making things I hope people will like:

Range of knives to view for later purchase.
    Rifle slings
    Belts
    Sharpening kits
    Blood tracking leads
    Stalking cross body leads
    Simple bullet wallets

Small assorted sundries.

Is there anything I have not thought of that people would like me to have at the end of next month?

Regards and looking forward to putting names to faces.

Richard.

I've been asked for a belt and a sheath.

Anything out of the ordinary?

Attachment 38846
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougster View Post
    I've been asked for a belt and a sheath.

Anything out of the ordinary?
    Why not try a cartridge box, i dont need one by the way, I have one holds one hundred shells dont know were it came from solid leather rectangle shape stamped p.i 1943 ^33 i need a sling for rifle , one that will hold say one hundred shells or two hundred for the boys that shoot clays or just to look good on shoot days cheers doug, ps handle on top two buckled short straps to close
    Last edited by AN DU RU FOX; 05-03-2014 at 18:09.
    DONT START

Hi richard,
    I'm interested to see some of your stuff in the flesh so to speak,having had one of your custom knifes and sheath,and bolt pouch,and am very happy so far,of course repeating customers may get a discount
    A strap/over the shoulder roe type carrier or even a dragging harness type thing?

Attachment 38844

Leather scope covers,or even a pouch over the scope with some sort of lining?
    Attachment 38843

I wouldnt mind another sheath,but maybe lined with stainess steel?
    Attachment 38845

Quote Originally Posted by AN DU RU FOX View Post
    Why not try a cartridge box, i dont need one by the way, I have one holds one hundred shells dont know were it came from solid leather rectangle shape stamped p.i 1943 ^33 i need a sling for rifle , one that will hold say one hundred shells or two hundred for the boys that shoot clays or just to look good on shoot days cheers doug, ps handle on top two buckled short straps to close
    It took me three hours to make the loops and stitch them for 8, I am afraid slings like that are not viable for the way I do things - by hand. They would cost hundreds.

Gelert, there will be some roe slings / drag straps, already started them. Hadn't thought of scope covers, it's something I may add soon. As for stainless liners, I'd need a machine press, but I may start making around plastic sheaths.

Richard

Comes with a cost as such must be hand-cut from a full hide with attendant wastage rather than simply run off c/o a strap cutter in even runs, but would your more demanding/appreciative clientele be up for suede lined and arse-contoured belts? Basically ones cut to length as a graceful curve.

Back in the day all the top makers of handgun holster/rig belts cut them this way for comfort. Horseshoe Leather being but one I recall from circa "Pistol 84" and examples of which I still use.

K

Quote Originally Posted by Dougster View Post
    It took me three hours to make the loops and stitch them for 8, I am afraid slings like that are not viable for the way I do things - by hand. They would cost hundreds.

Gelert, there will be some roe slings / drag straps, already started them. Hadn't thought of scope covers, it's something I may add soon. As for stainless liners, I'd need a machine press, but I may start making around plastic sheaths. no youve got me wrong when i said i needed a sling thats what i ment, not a sling for hundred bullets or shells god youll be there till doomsday.

Richard
    cheers doug, sorry dougster read this above,
    Last edited by AN DU RU FOX; 05-03-2014 at 19:06.
    DONT START

Composite Kydex and leather sheath for EKA G3 (latest incarnation of the SwingBlade);
    Kydex - 'cos it can be washed and sterilised and leather for the bits that don't come in contact with a bloody blade, 'cos leather is so-o much nicer!

This guy Sheaths for Knives - Home has some, though most are too fussy for my tastes. (I've tried e-mailing him about getting one made, but he has never replied!)

Alasdair.

Happy to do specific orders for people at a later date, but I didn't make myself clear - I'm looking for items to run as stock I haven't thought of yet.

The kydex and leather mix is an art in itself!

nice simple drop point full tange macarta handle knifes bright coloured handle
    so when i put it down and walk off i can find it the next day lol
    Save Water Drink Single Malt