300 wsm

moses

I'm putting together a 300wsm on a Sako action.

Anyone shooting one?

What are you feeding it?

ATB
Moses

finnbear270 said:
My mate shoots one in Howa 1500 stain less. if you want I'll ask him.

That would be great, I'll be reloading for it and really wanted to know what grain bullets it favours.

Cheers
Moses

I'm shooting a tikka t3 300wsm.At the moment i'm loading either 180 grain sierra prohunters or nosler 180 e tips and pushung them with 64.5 grains of H4350 and fed mag primers.It's a great round very accurate and supprisinley not that hard on deer.Shot everything from rabbits to eland with it.
Hope this helps sean

sean said:
I'm shooting a tikka t3 300wsm.At the moment i'm loading either 180 grain sierra prohunters or nosler 180 e tips and pushung them with 64.5 grains of H4350 and fed mag primers.It's a great round very accurate and supprisinley not that hard on deer.Shot everything from rabbits to eland with it.
Hope this helps sean

Nice one, thanks for the info.

Have you ever tried the 165's or 150's?

What brass you using?

all info greatly appreciated.

ATB
Moses

I'm using norma brass which is very good but bloody expensive.Ive never tried anything lighter than 180 grain,I bought the rifle mainly for shooting pigs and figured that 180's would be best so stuck with them.They shoot sub inch and kill them all dead, i'm sure 150 grainers would be a great longrange flat shooting round.Ive got some nosler partions in 150 i may give them a try,If your going to load 150s i would choose a good quality bullet to avoid bullet break up.A s i said earlier a good round it seems to be coming back into favor abit lets hope so.P.S who's doing your barreling job for you
ATB sean

Cheers Sean,

I was looking at trying the 150 nosler accubonds and possibly the barnes tsx tipped also, I like Norma brass and think I'll stick with that.

I'm having the wrok done by Neil Mckillop;

http://www.mckilloprifles.com/Mckillop_Rifles/Home.html

Just need to decide what barrel to go for, I'm torn between a Bartlein, Trueflite or Pacnor?

Decisions decisions

Moses

Good choice of riflesmith Neil has just put together a 20br for me. I shot it on the weekend for the first time it groups in the .2s :D.His work seems to be very good and he is very good on price and time.As for barrels i have good sucsess with pac nors in the past, seem easy to break in and always seem to shoot well.Keep me informed how you get on and give my regards to neil when you speak to him.
cheers sean

Back