Thread: Muntjac Head Measuring Guide

Muntjac Head Measuring Guide

Hi all,Looking at some of this years impressive heads in the shooting mags, I couldn't help feeling that one of my muntjac heads on my wall could be in for a shout. I do not trophy hunt, just manage deer and the heads on my wall are reminders of some fantastic stalks, even though they (some) are just normal heads. However; if this particular one happens to be a medal, even if bronze, it would make it mean more to me. To that end, can anyone point me in the right direction to get the guide/form to roughly measure it myself before sending it in to somone qualified? Does the canine length come into play with medals? Does it matter if the head is a few years old before getting it measured?RegardsPJ

Quote Originally Posted by PointerJack View Post
    Hi all,Looking at some of this years impressive heads in the shooting mags, I couldn't help feeling that one of my muntjac heads on my wall could be in for a shout. I do not trophy hunt, just manage deer and the heads on my wall are reminders of some fantastic stalks, even though they (some) are just normal heads. However; if this particular one happens to be a medal, even if bronze, it would make it mean more to me. To that end, can anyone point me in the right direction to get the guide/form to roughly measure it myself before sending it in to somone qualified? Does the canine length come into play with medals? Does it matter if the head is a few years old before getting it measured?RegardsPJ
    Just google CIC blue book and red book. It will show you how and where to measure. Use thin strips of paper and mark with a pencil. It will give you a good idea if you are in with a shout. MS

Roger,Cheers Mick.