Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I guess thats the end of that then.

I guess thats the end of that then.

http://gu.com/p/3n6b2/tw

How the f@ck they managed to fail the humaneness test I will never know.

in my opinion it was destined to fail before it started , over managed , as simple as that

all they should have done was made the badger a legitimate quarry under the vermin headline and kept it quiet , no analysis , no focus groups , no consultation .

just leave it to the people who manage the vermin in the countryside already?

6 months would have done it then do your research?
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !

How do you get figures that it took some badgers more than 5 mins to die?

I would like to see the data and how it was obtained.

D

Quote Originally Posted by Cyres View Post

D
    +1 sounds like pure guess work
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

Quote Originally Posted by Cyres View Post

D

Obviously written by an anti , min caliber had to be above .22 and at no more than 70yds , the marksmen had to pass a shooting test prior to employment ,some shots were filmed by DEFRA using TI , so rest assured it is bo***x, I know someone who was part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Johno100 View Post
    Obviously written by an anti , min caliber had to be above .22 and at no more than 70yds , the marksmen had to pass a shooting test prior to employment ,some shots were filmed by DEFRA using TI , so rest assured it is bo***x, I know someone who was part of it.
    +1

It's hard to know the true facts and figures and I guess most of us will never know the true stats on this trial cull. I would like to believe who ever took part was competent enough to not shoot a badger so badly that it is alive for 5 minutes before it expired.
    Obviously this could be antis inflaming the situation, this however does not look very good for shooting sports if Joe Public think it takes at least 5 minutes for what we shoot to die.

Im also of the opinion they should be put back on the vermin list and let the farmers control the population if they wish to do so on their land.

As no-one has seen the scientists' report, or knows who the author(s) were then your post is pure speculation.

If these were 'gut-shot' (again a guess) =< 70 yards range then the shooting test wasn't reliable. If you're really on the inside track, then persuade your friend to post his own comments on this here.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistral View Post
    As no-one has seen the scientists' report, or knows who the author(s) were then your post is pure speculation.

If these were 'gut-shot' (again a guess) =< 70 yards range then the shooting test wasn't reliable. If you're really on the inside track, then persuade your friend to post his own comments on this here.
    Great idea , I`ll get my mate to prove his credentials with photos , name address and phone number

Great idea , I`ll get my mate to prove his credentials with photos , name address and phone number
    That's your second silly idea.

No need to post his credentials. Just his version of how things were skewed .... as you claim they were.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.