Brilliant Service from Brock & Norris

crouch valley

For a while now I've been looking around at custom rifle builders. I spoke to a few at the shooting show and decided after a lengthy conversation to use Mike From Brock & Norris. From the first time talking to him he filled me with confidence so this Thursday we took the four an a half hour drive up to see him.
from walking into the shop he had plenty of time to go through things he even re crowned and threaded my mates rifle while we waited and watched. He talked us through the whole proses while he was doing it.
The end product was a work of art and I now can't wait to get my rifle off him when it's done.
I would highly recommend any one thinking of going down that route to speak to Mike.

For a while now I've been looking around at custom rifle builders. I spoke to a few at the shooting show and decided after a lengthy conversation to use Mike From Brock & Norris. From the first time talking to him he filled me with confidence so this Thursday we took the four an a half hour drive up to see him.
from walking into the shop he had plenty of time to go through things he even re crowned and threaded my mates rifle while we waited and watched. He talked us through the whole proses while he was doing it.
The end product was a work of art and I now can't wait to get my rifle off him when it's done.
I would highly recommend any one thinking of going down that route to speak to Mike.

Absolutely! … Mike is amongst the very best rifle smiths in the UK, if not THE best. He looks after all the Jelen rifles and I'm proud to say he's a close personal friend and a great supporter of Jelen Deer Services of over 25 years. There's a brilliant video on our youtube channel of him screw-cutting the Jelen .25-06, and he'll be doing Malcolm's (Jelen Eastern) new .308 in the next couple of weeks.

Good choice, and no doubt well worth your 4.5 hour drive!

Regards,

Mike.

I'm just pleased I don't have that decimal point in my travel time to Mike's, not even 45 mins!.. I am about two weeks away from kicking off the .300 Win Mag build with Brock & Norris.............:drool:

I'm just pleased I don't have that decimal point in my travel time to Mike's, not even 45 mins!.. I am about two weeks away from kicking off the .300 Win Mag build with Brock & Norris.............:drool:

Lucky you I wish he was closer to me it was a absolute pleasure to watch his machining skills. I've only just started this build and I'm already planing a second one for my 243.
What action and barrel are you using for you 300 win mag build as quite interested as a good friend of mine is looking for one and this might be a good option for him.

Lucky you I wish he was closer to me it was a absolute pleasure to watch his machining skills. I've only just started this build and I'm already planing a second one for my 243.
What action and barrel are you using for you 300 win mag build as quite interested as a good friend of mine is looking for one and this might be a good option for him.
I have been lucky & located a Finnbear .264 WinMag wearing a rotted out barrel, the action will be re barreled with a Lothar Walther best quality tube, this old rifle has that distinctive blueing, deep enough to drown in!, Shame, who ever owned it , didn't know how to look after a rifle properly.:eek:

Hi Crouch Valley, I have one of Mike's Ratel rifles in 7mm-08. He built it for me 2yrs ago and it has been fantastic. Well worth the wait and it has been perfect. If you are ever in Norf Essix give me a shout if youwould like to try it out.
Regards
Steve

Back