Thread: Badger cull

Question Badger cull

Question...
    Why where the badger cull protesters not out on boats trying to save the drowning badgers in England? Or is drowning more humane than shooting them?

Are you channelling "Sharpshooter" whose particularly chortlesome column in this week's Shooting Times begins:
    "How long can a badger tread water for?"
    and goes on...

Funnily enough, I haven't heard of boats being manned by activists on "drowning badger patrols". Why not? Is it kinder to drown a brock than to shoot it? I would have thought the result was much the same. So why didn't the RSPCA and the Badger Trust mount a Dunkirk-style evacuation of badgers? It would have made good TV news footage - lots of little boats, manned by humourless vegetarians wielding landing nets to scoop soggy giant weasels out of turbulent brown waters.
    One of his better flights of fancy, I thought, and well worth repeating.
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay

Well according to the news here in the south today, 5% of the badgers took longer than 5 minutes to die, that was shot by marksman, so drowing might have been the better option, where the people get this info from i dont know, the bbc website has different information, with a higher percentage took longer than five mins to die

BBC News - Badger culls were

I thought the BBC was affectionately known as Aunty.I now realise I must have misheard