Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WARNING - Garmin Astro and Alpha Users

WARNING - Garmin Astro and Alpha Users

WARNING - Your ability to track your dog's collar will cease to work in the UK if you update to that latest handset software.

Please See:

Astro 320 software version 3.50 @ Garmin: Astro 320 Updates Downloads

Alpha 100 software version 3.20
    @ Garmin: Alpha 100 Updates Downloads
    Last edited by RoeHunter; 01-03-2014 at 18:02. Reason: Website Links Added

Quote Originally Posted by RoeHunter View Post
    WARNING - Your ability to track your dog's collar will cease to work in the UK if you update to that latest handset software.

Please See:

Astro 320 software version 3.50 @ Garmin: Astro 320 Updates Downloads

Alpha 100 software version 3.20
    @ Garmin: Alpha 100 Updates Downloads

Hi Roe Hunter,

Will the Garmin 320 and DC50 work here in the UK straight out of the box or does it have to be connected to a PC and the software downloaded to the units prior to use?

ADRIAN, I got my set about a year ago, my brother brought it back from America, worked straight out of the box, but the firm said that the later sets wouldn't work in Europe because they would have the latest software.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Dhu View Post
    ADRIAN, I got my set about a year ago, my brother brought it back from America, worked straight out of the box, but the firm said that the later sets wouldn't work in Europe because they would have the latest software.
    Rob thanks for the info, did you get the 320 and the DC50 or the DC40??

Got the dc50,if remember correctly I think it was the update on the collar software that would stop it working but I might be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by adrian.243 View Post
    Hi Roe Hunter,

Will the Garmin 320 and DC50 work here in the UK straight out of the box or does it have to be connected to a PC and the software downloaded to the units prior to use?
    Both types of Garmin handsets will work OK in the UK so long as they have not been updated to the software versions mentioned above. It is the handset GPS system that prevents it from communicating with the Dog Collars.

To downgrade your Garmin Astro's Firmware please see Post 13 in the following thread: Problem with garmin astro 320 from usa. H_E_L_P !!! - Page 2

To downgrade your Garmin Alpha's Firmware please see: Alpha 100 Firmware Downgrade to V3.10 for use of US Frequencies in EU

Just about to order one of these, can anyone tell me which one is the best to get I originally was going for the 320 the 40 collar

would these be ok or should I look for another type / make

cheers

phil

Quote Originally Posted by philip View Post
    Just about to order one of these, can anyone tell me which one is the best to get I originally was going for the 320 the 40 collar

would these be ok or should I look for another type / make

cheers

phil
    Philip, the DC 50 collar has a good feature that tells you if the dog is barking. It also has a longer antenna. Hope this helps?

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by deer man View Post
    Philip, the DC 50 collar has a good feature that tells you if the dog is barking. It also has a longer antenna. Hope this helps?

Paul
    Cheers Paul

appreciated

phil