Thread: Stalking Newbie

Stalking Newbie

Hi folks, after being involved in various Field sports for many years i had my first taste of Stalking this morning (Roe in Perthshire) and although we were un-sucessfull it was still good to be out, the snow made the going difficult and was an obvious disadvantage where noise was concerned as it was iced up. Will definitely be adding Stalking to my list of pursuits and will apply for a variation on my FAC once im a bit more clued up. My Guide today had a folder with him which was basically a directory on everything to do with stalking and deer, would be a good reference for me moving on but im not 100% sure where he said it was produced? BDS maybe? if anyone can help it would be appreciated.

Regards
    Billy

Hi billy- good to see you found the site! I found the link for the Best practice guide folder http://www.bestpracticeguides.org.uk/. Hope to see you again when the snow clears up! Followed the footsteps and blood trail today and it led to the main road! So I'm off for a cosy night hiding in the bushes with my camera! atb, ross

Quote Originally Posted by ross16689
    Hi billy- good to see you found the site! I found the link for the Best practice guide folder http://www.bestpracticeguides.org.uk/. Hope to see you again when the snow clears up! Followed the footsteps and blood trail today and it led to the main road! So I'm off for a cosy night hiding in the bushes with my camera! atb, ross
    Thanks for that Ross, ill definitely be back up when the snow clears, good luck catching them.

Regards
    Billy