Thread: Suzuki Jimny

Suzuki Jimny

Hi all,
    Due to my daughter hitting a tree with my Suzuki Jimny it is now headed for the breakers. (Daughter walked away with a few bruises, so the important component was fine). It sits on my drive with three barely used road tyres and one about half worn. If anyone wants it, or parts from it prior to it going to the breakers yard, drop me a PM. Car is in Denham, Uxbridge. UB9 postcode. Damage confined to the front, smack bang between the eyes. Was in excellent running order prior to crash, so any mechanical parts, are good.

Regards,

Mark.

Could you pm me details of vehicle please sir. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buckup View Post
    Hi all,
    Due to my daughter hitting a tree with my Suzuki Jimny it is now headed for the breakers. (Daughter walked away with a few bruises, so the important component was fine). It sits on my drive with three barely used road tyres and one about half worn. If anyone wants it, or parts from it prior to it going to the breakers yard, drop me a PM. Car is in Denham, Uxbridge. UB9 postcode. Damage confined to the front, smack bang between the eyes. Was in excellent running order prior to crash, so any mechanical parts, are good.

Regards,

Mark.

Mark is this vehicle a right off or is it repairable?

Even if insurance right off, don't send to the breakers.
    Jimnys are very sought after by the 4x4 brigade. ..

Log onto Big Jimny and I'm sure even in its current state someone will
    pay healthy money for it as spares or project car.

Im looking for a 4x4 as a shooting vehicle and im a Fitter byt trade so could probably do all the work myself.

My wife hit a patch of black ice about 3 years ago and rolled her Jimmny onto its roof in a field. She walked away with just a few cuts and bruises too. Both very lucky ladies I would say

In answer to your questions:-
    Almost certainly a write off, but since daughter was only driving TPF&T there is no claim, and therefore I don't actually know whether it's repairable, I very much doubt it.
    Both airbags deployed and front of car between the headlights is pushed right back against the front of the engine. Strangely she hit the tree bang on centre, so both headlights are un broken. Have a guy interested from here, but he wants to haggle so, until it's gone it's still for sale. Looking for 250.00. Three very good tyres, and what is left of the sweetest running little motor I ever owned.

The Sad little Suzuki has been collected by a member from the SD. Felt the need to clarify something and apologise for my mistake. The car was put in here as free. However I was then offered money for the vehicle. I have a lot of peripheral stuff going on right now and foolishly forgot that I had posted the car as free. I would be the first to grumble had I seen this post and then found that in fact the car was sold, and not given away as promised. The guy who took the car and I discussed this, and the agreed solution to my dilemma was this:- The amount paid has been divided between his charity of choice and mine. So H4H and his local air ambulance had some good fortune from my mistake. I hope all concerned are happy with this outcome. Certainly made me feel better anyway.
    Best regards to all,
    Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by buckup View Post
    In answer to your questions:-
    Almost certainly a write off, but since daughter was only driving TPF&T there is no claim, and therefore I don't actually know whether it's repairable, I very much doubt it.
    Both airbags deployed and front of car between the headlights is pushed right back against the front of the engine. Strangely she hit the tree bang on centre, so both headlights are un broken. Have a guy interested from here, but he wants to haggle so, until it's gone it's still for sale. Looking for 250.00. Three very good tyres, and what is left of the sweetest running little motor I ever owned.