Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What boots to buy

What boots to buy

Im after some new boots what do people recomended they will be used on the moors a lot so something thats going to last please as heather kills normal leather boots just looking at them so must have good protection , im fancying the harkila pro hunters http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1111209363...84.m1423.l2649
    has anyone got a pair and how have you found them, or what have people tried and recomended

hi adam I have a mate who sells harkila gear he has a pair of the top of the range boots with the twist laces, well after 2 trips to the hill they started letting in

I have Jack Pike Tundra boots. Only wear them for stalking but last year went a week in Scotland p!ss!n down every day and they never let water in also very comfy. @ 70 if I get 2-3 years out of them I,d be happy. I did have a 200 pair of boots and they were crap.
    Tusker

yes thats what im hearing about the harkilas quallity is a bit hit or miss, dont want to buy the normal leather type boots as the heather just kills them so after something with a bit more protection that will last a few years so any suggestions welcome

I have a pair of these http://www.bredonhillshooting.co.uk/...lar-boots/p462 they have a thick rubber rand and then kevlar, 3 seasons in of beating every other weekend and then 8 ish days of shooting and they are still in good order, I know they look a bit weird, but I bought them for 2 reasons, 1, Im a lazy ****er and don't like cleaning them and 2, I reckoned they wouldn't rot like leather!

They did squeak, but I plied the laces where I suspected the squeak was and they have been fine.

HTH

Nick

Hi Adam,
    I have a pair of Altberg game keepers, really comfortable out of the box, factory not that far from you.

Regards
    Dean

Quote Originally Posted by 6.5X284 View Post
    Hi Adam,
    I have a pair of Altberg game keepers, really comfortable out of the box, factory not that far from you.

Regards
    Dean

Altbergs gamekeeper stark extreme, best boots I've had to date. Highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheasant Feeder View Post
    Altbergs gamekeeper stark extreme, best boots I've had to date. Highly recommended.
    Must be the 20 th time I've + 1 on this topic surely altberg must owe me a pair of these great boots by now !
    Norma

I've had a pair of Miendl boots for about a decade. They've never let any water in and although they're well worn they're tough as.. well, old boots!

The time has come for me to look for a new pair however and I've narrowed it down to either a new pair of Miendl Glockner, Miendl Taiga or Miendl Douvre!

That being said, the Altbergs and Le Cham Mouflon are well worth a look too.
    Last edited by A J; 03-03-2014 at 10:39.

Currently use a pair of Miendl DE's bought at the CLA last year and they're superb !
    Worn them stalking in lousy weather last Autumn and up to present in Argyll.

Well reccommended !