Thread: t3 stock swap

t3 stock swap

Just got an original synthetic stock to replace my laminated thumbhole. Is changing the stock likely to change zero? And is there anything to look out for when swaping them. Its a t3 in .243

No change in poi you will probable find the synthetic stock will be a much snugger fit and will fit like a glove don't for get the lug at the front if it didn't come with one

Of course you can have a change in POI, you have changed the balance of the rifle. A rifle starts moving as the bullet starts moving out of the casing when fired. The way the rifle moves is a result of the rifle weight, the centre of gravity and how you hold it. This determines where the muzzle ends up as the bullet exits.
    At least check zero before stalking.
    edi

I have changed my stocks over meany times and never never had a poi change my be I just lucky

We've seen some dramatic changes and other times less or no change in POI. Better to fire a few shots. Also an idea to check action screw torque after a few shots.
    edi

Quote Originally Posted by ejg View Post
    We've seen some dramatic changes and other times less or no change in POI. Better to fire a few shots. Also an idea to check action screw torque after a few shots.
    edi
    This
    Yes its better to aways check first try and check once a month in all my guns better safe then sorry