Thread: Optilock Rings

Optilock Rings

I'm switching to a S&B 8x56 scope with a 30mm tube, and will need a set of new rings. Am I correct that they should be medium height? Thanks in anticipation.

I have a Swarovski 8x56 in optilocks. Am sure they are medium and leave just enough space between barrel/ scope for oily rag.

Medium should be right, good choice of scope, you'll see those sika stags now no worries

Yes I used medium with mine and they were fine , you could even go down to low as well.

I had a Zeiss x56 scope on a sporter-barreled SAKO 75, and that was in 30mm low rings.
    Much depends on the barrel-profile at the point were the objective goes when you've got the scope in the right position.

I have a heavy-barrelled rifle on order, and the Zeiss is going to go on that: but I anticipate having to get medium rings on account of the thicker barrel.
    Butler Creeks will make a different too, of course.

If yo measure your current objective diameter and that of the new scope, and measure the actual hight of the current rings, data from the Optilock website should help you work out whether you'll need higher ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Benc View Post
    Medium should be right, good choice of scope, you'll see those sika stags now no worries
    You've got age on your side, young 'un!

Thanks for the replies, will now look for a s/h set.