cz centre fire rifles

I have a C/Z 550 varmint in .308 and although the action is a little long for a short cartridge, I can't fault it, and as someone else stated there's just an issue that you need to break your position to work the bolt as it's so long a cycle, shoots sub MOA no problem. fantastic trigger .

Had an old Brno 602 in .375 H&H... wonderful rifle, but a bit long barrel, as most were in that era.
The 550 Safari is, for me, too heavy for a .375, but good for a .416. I friend restocked his .416 Rigby in an older English style stock, reducing the weight, better looking, and handling.

I like, but don't have, the 22 inch barrel rifle in .300 Win Mag with iron sights... don't know if they still make those little companions to the .375 and .416.

Mine is a CZ550, 30.06 spr. Great all around rifle, a bit too heavy with a great adjustable trigger and set trigger, although an anoying "click" sounds while setting it up. Great barrel. Tough gear.

I have 2 CZ CF guns. One is a carbine, the Evo 3 S1. Aesthetically, it is very pleasing and it is pretty accurate to boot. The only criticism is that the quality of the build is not great. The extendable stock is flimsy when fully extended and the charging handle is pretty rough around the edges. The VZ 61 again looks brilliant but some of the 20 round magazines have feeding issues which results in stoppages! Still, mustn`t grumble!

I have a cz 527 varmint, in the wooden stock, in 223. Trigger has been tweeked to remove the set part and lighten the pull slightly. Its a cracking rifle that I use for fox and on the range out to 600yds. For the money it couldn't be beaten, but I think Howa now give it a run for the money.

Have a 550 full stock in 9.3x62, 527 Ebony edition in .223, 452 Stutzen .22LR and an ancient Model 2 in .22LR. All work hard, never miss a beat and are difficult to fault. If buying a CZ get in now before the inevitable manufacturing improvements (aka shortcuts) come about.

Back