Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stalking with Kite.

Stalking with Kite.

First weekends stalking for my little Vizsla and the first deer she has seen all but a few coming home in the carcass tray. There were plenty of fallow about but it turned out to be a blank one as every one we managed to get into did not offer the chance of a safe shot. However the joy of being out there and getting up to the deer is what it is about and when you have good company in your little hound even better. On two occasions Kite found deer before I had seen them just standing firm and then lifting the paw to point, she made the weekend for me and I certainly would have not seen these deer but for her as they were in fairly thick cover and were ones you would have probably just bumped out. Now looking forward to taking her out a few times on the roe and hopefully we can get the whole process done Point Shot Follow Find.Attachment 38717Attachment 38718Sorry for no pictures of deer but you have to shoot them to get them in the picture with your dog. Next time maybe!

In the meantime Kites mum Roxy has just come into season so off to Devon in ten days for a mating. Her last litter were all brilliant pups and they were snapped up. Hope it goes that well this time as we enjoyed the whole experience of having the pups, it was the first time we hade done it.

ATB
    John.

Glad you enjoyed the weekend John and that Kite made the trip worthwile. You seemed more comfortable in the cabin then I was at home .Its sod law that the deer spent all day Saturday at the top of the field on the horizon but from experience if
    we had try to move them they would have gone over onto the trust land and not into our wood. just to make you jealous I shot a sorel on Sunday afternoon.....................but it was tied together with another one and on the road ,managed to cut the other one free.It is good that Kite can find deer you need all the help you can!

Good looking bitch you have there - and she knows it too lol.

Good Luck.

Nice looking bitch.

what kind of jacket and harness is that?

Well from the heading i expected to see a vid set up on a kite but thats much better and a stunning looking dog

Lovely looking dog you have there.. never had a vizla but
    have always admired them.

Impeccable table manners John. ;-)

shes he's looking fit mate. Many more ours to come.

See hee you soon

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by bwana View Post
    Glad you enjoyed the weekend John and that Kite made the trip worthwile. You seemed more comfortable in the cabin then I was at home .Its sod law that the deer spent all day Saturday at the top of the field on the horizon but from experience if
    we had try to move them they would have gone over onto the trust land and not into our wood. just to make you jealous I shot a sorel on Sunday afternoon.....................but it was tied together with another one and on the road ,managed to cut the other one free.It is good that Kite can find deer you need all the help you can!
    Thanks Richard I had a great weekend, it would have been nice to go back with one but thats stalking for you.
    Shot one on the road, that will be another pot hole then. As if you havent got enough down there.

Quote Originally Posted by david1976 View Post
    Nice looking bitch.

what kind of jacket and harness is that?
    We think she is a pretty one to, but we are a bit biased being the breeders.

The jacket is a Rivers West from Whistling Wings and the harness is a Ferplast available on ebay about 25, it is very well designed and comfortable for the dog at that price. I love the high end tracking harnesses but they are a bit cumbersome, this one will fold up quite small untill you want it on your dog and is very light. I would certainly recommend this to anyone on a budget. I also managed to get a 10 meter biothane orange tracking lead for 25 from K9 which was very cheap and its not poor quality either.

Quote Originally Posted by 243varmint View Post
    Impeccable table manners John. ;-)

shes he's looking fit mate. Many more ours to come.

See hee you soon

Jon
    Not so impeccable when she one of your plates in front of her Jon.
    If enough people want to I will organise another get together at the Tuns.