Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BASC Level 2 time frames YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

BASC Level 2 time frames YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Gents

There have been a few people complaining about the length of time to receive your Level 2 certificate via BASC. You may want to consider the time frame if you need it quickly, this has been my experience so far. In this time I have not had three phone calls returned when I was promised I would do. I believe the BASC staff associated with DSC awards to be incompetent and so would advise you to investigate other channels if you need your Level 2 quickly :-

03/09/13 BASC received my completed portfolio.

20/09/13 BASC eventually send it to my assesor, I am at a loss as to why this took over two weeks.

06/12/13 BASC receive my portfolio back from my assessor who confirmed during our phone call that there were no issues with it.

10/12/13 BASC send my portfolio off to an IV for independent verification.

25/02/13 I receive a phone call from an Internal Verifier, telling me my portfolio had been misplaced with one other by him and he would now be sending it back to BASC HQ for award as there are no issues with it.

27/02/13 It arrives back at BASC.

03/03/13 Advised by, after chasing the woman yet again after she failed to return my phone call over a week ago that my certificate will be with me this week.

We shall see....

I'm seriously unimpressed that it will take over six months to receive my certificate from BASC after they received the completed portfolio. I doubt it will arrive this week, based on my previous experience of their customer service but time will tell. For the purposes of clarity there were no issues with it's content. I'm sure others will have had better service than I, but I think the timeframes are worth bearing i mind if you need this qualification in a timely manner.
    Last edited by sikamalc; 06-03-2014 at 20:22.

It does make you wonder how they can credibly harangue Firearms departments for dilatoritude ?

I will gladly look into this for you, especially the 2 week delay in sending to the assessor,but just to check:

Your assessor (not BASC) had it for 2 1/2 months,
    BASC posted it to the IV within 2 working days of receiving it back from them.
    The IV (not BASC) had it for another 2 1/2 months , lost it, found it and posted it back to BASC, it arrived last Thursday
    BASC plan to get the certificate out to you within a week....

I am afraid we cant issue certificates until the portfolio has been assessed and verified.

David

Mentioned on another thread that text updates/emails would help ensure the transfer of portfolios and their location are never in question, just a though for the next QAG meeting

David

Of course you cannot issue certificates before they have been assessed and verified. Who would expect you to do this? Please don't post random rubbish to deflect the issue of your organisations failures, it's quite insulting to your customers intelligence.

What you can do however is the following :-

Ensure that your staff are fully trained in customer service skills and have the common decency to return phone calls. Apparently you send out a letter confirming that the portfolio has been received. I did not receive this and so called BASC to ask for an update, no one was available to answer my question and so I was told I'd receive a call back to confirm that you had it. I never did.

When I finally did speak to a lady I was advised that everything should be completed by January. At no point have I been contacted by any BASC staff, the company who I have paid to administer this service to explain there is a delay. The people you mention may not be on the BASC pay roll, though if you are not meeting the customers expectation at least let the customer know there is a delay. I have not had at least two other calls returned when asking for an update. Again, this is BASC's failing, not any third parties.

You need to accept your responsibilities and understand, as you appear not to, that if someone is paying your organisation for a service, then you should as a matter of courtesy inform your customers of any potential delays or issues due to third parties. Not returning customer calls is inexcusable on BASC's part. Setting a customers expectations and then not informing them of a delay is discourteous, unprofessional and quite rude.

In short you need to get your act together when taking customers money and assume some responsibility for the people you work with when your staff set customers expectations by indicating a completion time. DMQ currently specify that the award can take upto 14 weeks to be awarded, as previously stated, it will be 27 weeks tomorrow in my case. So why are BASC not communicating with their customers?

If calls to your office are recorded feel free to listen to my call today to one of your admin people, you even have my permission to post the conversation on here, I struggled to get a word in edgeways as excuses were made before I had even finished my sentence. As has been suggested elsewhere, you really do need to improve your communication with your customers and keep them better informed of the whole process.

I'm really not interested in you trying to blame other people, it is BASC who's service I am disappointed with due to poor communication and incompetence, but perhaps you can quantify why after an IV advised that there were no issues with the portfolio, it now has to go to another IV apparently before the award can be made and I get my long awaited certificate.

Thanks
    Last edited by sikamalc; 06-03-2014 at 20:23.

I am sorry you think I am posting rubbish in order to distract from your point or that I have failed to grasp where the responsibility rests , as I said, I will look into this.

Feedback is very important and I agree without reservation that customer service is paramount. I am sorry things have not gone as smoothly as you or I would like, and we must learn from this to make sure it does not happen again.

thank you for your post

David
    Last edited by David BASC; 03-03-2014 at 20:00.

Hi MJ75,

I'm sorry to hear about the protracted time to obtain your DMQ Level 2 certificate however my experience with BASC was quite the opposite only taking 6 weeks from sending in my portfolio to receiving my certificate. extremely helpful when updating me on progress as like you I needed the certificate on a sharp timescale. Hope everything works out OK in the end as I think your experiences are the exception to the rule,

Willie
    Last edited by sikamalc; 06-03-2014 at 20:24.

I had mine back in under 6 weeks, submitted October last year. In the system the same time as yours, BASC being the assessment centre.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ75 View Post
    Gents

There have been a few people complaining about the length of time to receive your Level 2 certificate via BASC. You may want to consider the time frame if you need it quickly, this has been my experience so far. In this time I have not had three phone calls returned when I was promised I would do. I believe the BASC staff associated with DSC awards to be incompetent and so would advise you to investigate other channels if you need your Level 2 quickly :-

If you needed it back Quickly you should have done it earlier simple, I do a lot of level two's for nothing I may add, if the candidate doesn't like my time scale go and pay someone for the pleasure.

I've got to work for a living, the last thing I really want to do is come in and start a level two just so someone can get another bit of useless paper.

The AW system is the paramount part of the level two, the part with all the work, everyone else that handles the portfolio reads it adding the odd note , I've yet to meet a candidate that actually understands all of the questions asked in the various elements & questions .

Trust me im also seriously unimpressed with a huge amount of candidates, that put themselves forward for something that they haven't thought about 36 pages of writing for the AW, for it to go to the assessor the IV then to the EV for checking all these people have jobs as well ,which takes me back to question in bold if you need it quickly you should have done it earlier, easy rule of thumb .

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    I had mine back in under 6 weeks, submitted October last year. In the system the same time as yours, BASC being the assessment centre.
    See, this is my point, if it can be turned around quickly, why are they taking so long with others? I guess they didn't hold onto yours for two weeks doing nothing.
    Last edited by MJ75; 04-03-2014 at 06:19.