Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Level 2 time

Level 2 time

As a approved witness myself can anyone say why it's taking so long for papers to be approved by the assessors,some are taking months and have been to 3 different people,Do assessors get paid,if not why not?

I believe the BDS aim to complete the process within 8 weeks, but it would appear from recent posts that some may take longer. It sounds like a long time, but the process can be quite involved! The Portfolio firstly goes back to the assessment centre. It then goes to an administrator who then sends it out to an assessor. As well as assessing the portfolio, the assessor may have to contact several different AW's as well as the candidate which can take a long time depending upon their availability. If all is well, the portfolio then has to go to an Internal Verifier who may also have to contact AW's/ Assessor/ Candidate. The portfolio is then fed back through the Assessment centre and DMQ who make the final award. As you can see, the postage time alone is quite considerable! Assessors do get paid a token amount, but it is more to cover the cost of phone calls and recorded delivery postage than a wage! If they did get paid any more, it would simply drive up the cost of the DSC 2 which I don't believe anyone wants!
    What confuses me though, is that a vast amount of people seem to leave their DSC 2 until the very last part of the 3 year period and then complain that their certificate takes ages to come through! If you need it quicker - start it sooner!
    MS

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    I believe the BDS aim to complete the process within 8 weeks, but it would appear from recent posts that some may take longer. It sounds like a long time, but the process can be quite involved! The Portfolio firstly goes back to the assessment centre. It then goes to an administrator who then sends it out to an assessor. As well as assessing the portfolio, the assessor may have to contact several different AW's as well as the candidate which can take a long time depending upon their availability. If all is well, the portfolio then has to go to an Internal Verifier who may also have to contact AW's/ Assessor/ Candidate. The portfolio is then fed back through the Assessment centre and DMQ who make the final award. As you can see, the postage time alone is quite considerable! Assessors do get paid a token amount, but it is more to cover the cost of phone calls and recorded delivery postage than a wage! If they did get paid any more, it would simply drive up the cost of the DSC 2 which I don't believe anyone wants!
    What confuses me though, is that a vast amount of people seem to leave their DSC 2 until the very last part of the 3 year period and then complain that their certificate takes ages to come through! If you need it quicker - start it sooner!
    MS
    My portfolio took a few weeks longer to process with the BDS but it did include the Christmas/New year period and apparently the assessor had been unwell.

atb Tim

Quote Originally Posted by timbrayford View Post
    My portfolio took a few weeks longer to process with the BDS but it did include the Christmas/New year period and apparently the assessor had been unwell.

atb Tim
    Ahh yes, the Christmas post period would undoubtedly affect - and you live abroad of course!

MS

some assessors are very good and process a portfolio when it arrives, others wait to they have a bunch and do the batch in one go which as you can imagine might mean a wait of a few weeks if one batch has just been done. Sometimes a portfolio can be turned around within a month but as the dmq faq's point out .... up to 14 weeks.

Not ideal when you have a guy needing his L2 certificate for an FC lease when he completed it ages ago..

Contact DMQ and give them what for.You paid a lot of money for a service that should only take a couple of weeks. PS it seems that the smaller assessment centres like north highland collage Barony ETC take much less time.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ75 View Post
    I called the number on the DMQ website, this just takes you through to the BASC call center. I'll try and find a competent member of BASC staff who can actually help. The service has been very poor from start to finish.
    sorry I had no idea it could get that bad! Speak to Mandy and she will do a chase on it, she is very good. Call her on 01244573025

I'd like to hear from a assessor,my last level candidate had all 3 stalks done by me and is still waiting 6 months later,there are no problems as he's rung to check

Thanks Paul, I've since been given another name.

Perhaps those undertaking the Level 2 qualification should start posting the dates when they send their portfolio off. When it is acknowledged by BASC (If you're lucky enough to be told, unlike me). When they are contacted by an assesor etc. Name the assesor, the IV in your posts and people might think about pulling their fingers out and getting on with the job.

Just an idea....

A good proposal to improve the system would be with updates by email or text, after all we do live in the information age. How hard could that be and then the document is tracked and traceable every step of the way!