General Election

David63

BASC have launched a new website for the 2010 election. The BASC site is fantastic, you go along enter your post code, type in a letter about shooting with questions you want to have a response to (or use ours for guidance) and send it off to all the parliamentary candidates in your area.

They will then write to you letting you know what they think, if enough people do this the profile of shooting will go up in the eyes of the elected and you as a voter will be able to hold your MP to account if they say one thing during the run up to an election and something else after as you will have their reply in writing.

So please show your support for shooting by going to

http://campaign.publicaffairsbriefing.co.uk/home.aspx?cid=cbe623ac-bce3-43c0-8353-490c7e6ead7e/

it will only take a moment of your time.

David

Thanks all,

It will be interesting to see what the response is, we will keep sending reminders to the MP's and PPC’s who have not yet let us know their stance on shooting

David

I've just had an emailed reply to mine of 14.43 from our Liberal candidate for Tiverton and Honiton. He was aware of the campaign and says he replied directly to BASC about a month ago - although the website doesn't indicate that he has made his position clear.

Orion said:
I've just had an emailed reply to mine of 14.43 from our Liberal candidate for Tiverton and Honiton. He was aware of the campaign and says he replied directly to BASC about a month ago - although the website doesn't indicate that he has made his position clear.

Got the exact same reply from him, nothing from the others yet though one did not even have an email address, labour candidate.

10 out of 10 for speed of responce but 5 out of 10 for his reply, firmly sat on the fence I felt.

MPs reply

I emailed my MP via the link on this page.
Received a automatic generated reply as it being received.
This morning in post received letter from my MP informing me that he had received my email and would reply by letter asap.

Keep the pressure up!

keep e-mailing your MP / PPC and put forward the responsible face of shooting.

The more the better, thanks all.

David

Back