Thread: clulite pistol light

clulite pistol light

hi chaps just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the clulite pistol light seems a nice little walk about lamp especialy the rechargable one but ive never seen one in use so i was just wondering if it will be up to the job of foxing

An excellent light that i use for spoting foxes and for finding shot foxes etc.High and low settings with a flicker setting too. Good battery life enough for a session and quite light to use and carry. Beams good for 150ish yards on high on a clear night. Can also accept filters as an optional extra.. Reccomended...Hugh....
    Last edited by parkyboy; 03-03-2014 at 21:44.

Quote Originally Posted by parkyboy View Post
    An excellent light that i use for spoting foxes and for finding shot foxes etc.High and low settings with a flicker setting too. Good battery life enough for a session and quite light to use and carry. Beams good for 150ish yards on high on a clear night. Can also accept filters as an optional extra.. Reccomended...Hugh....
    I agree with parkyboy. I bought my Clubriter about two years ago on the recommendation of Hornet 6. It is an excellent piece of kit so I also bought red and amber filters from the manufacturer. The beam is tightly focussed but has no wide beam facility. Can't fault it.

The new pistol light from Cluson is a very good piece of kit, small, light, with a useable battery life of about three hours and it'll fit in the pocket. They claim 400 metres beam, a bit ambitious but certainly good enough out to a couple of hundred, more than enough. A good lamp.

I now have one of the new Clulite (FAN-1) The Light - Clulite | Cluson Engineering Ltd.
    They now claim a 500 metre beam, not sure I'd agree, but it is a little bit tighter than the pistol grip one.
    I wouldn't have paid to upgrade as I don't think the difference is worth the outlay all over again, but as a new purchase
    I'd have to consider it, I was lucky enough to have somebody else pay for mine, which is a plus, and I sold my pistol grip
    one on so actually upgraded and made money. Lol

Neil.

Does the pistol light have a very tight beam? Ive been interested in these but without a deflector i am concerned the beam will be too tight

Quote Originally Posted by Fursty Ferret View Post
    Does the pistol light have a very tight beam? Ive been interested in these but without a deflector i am concerned the beam will be too tight
    Too tight for what ?
    With or without a filter it seems fine for scanning a field to me.

Neil.

thanks for the replies chaps
    Quote Originally Posted by old keeper View Post
    They claim 400 metres beam, a bit ambitious but certainly good enough out to a couple of hundred
    would you say that was seeing eyes at 200yrds or identifing the fox in the scope

Quote Originally Posted by sir-lamp-alot View Post
    thanks for the replies chaps

would you say that was seeing eyes at 200yrds or identifing the fox in the scope
    Hi Dan
    I've got one you can have a go with mate
    Geordie

ill give you a bell geord thanks very much stalking directory generosity strikes again