Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Working away from home.

Working away from home.

Hi all, I've been offered a job in the midlands, I'm going to rent a house or flat and stay during the week and go home to Scotland for most weekends.

I'll be fitting a gun cabinet into my rented house so that I can keep my guns secure and can get out if the opportunity arises.
    Do I need to inform the English police that this is my intention? My FAC is at my parents house (my home address) although I don't spend most of my time there.
    The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.

Yup

It will be classified as a change of address possibly. Also check your lease allows it (odd, but I`ve heard of leases that don`t), and make sure you alter any home insewerance cover.

If you let them know you will have covered yourself like Rake Aboot has said.
    And ,yes, I do know of a landlord in Derbyshire that would not let you have your firearms in his property so it is worth asking

I would say that you don't need to contact the relevant force in the midlands area yet but you should really discuss this matter with the force that issued your certificate as soon as you can.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Shabz,

I reckon the definition of your permanent residence will be "where do you pay your Council Tax".
    I suspect that your current FAC issuer will view your Midland address as a change of address.

Stan

Thanks peeps, I'll have a word with my feo and see what he reckons. My nightmare would be conditions on a new certificate from an English force. That's what I'm worried about.
    The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.

Quote Originally Posted by smullery View Post
    Shabz,

I reckon the definition of your permanent residence will be "where do you pay your Council Tax".
    I suspect that your current FAC issuer will view your Midland address as a change of address.

Stan
    what if you have two houses.

Taff,

If you had two houses then you would have one designated your main residence for Council Tax purposes and the other as your secondary because you get a discount.
    Add in where you are registered for a GP, where your employer tells PAYE your address is and where your car insurer has you down as....
    It all soon adds up to the fact that Shabz will have moved

Stan

Quote Originally Posted by Shabz View Post
    Thanks peeps, I'll have a word with my feo and see what he reckons. My nightmare would be conditions on a new certificate from an English force. That's what I'm worried about.
    Why are you racist, if you don't like our English money stay in Scotland.
    It should only be regarded as a change of permanent address at most not a new application.

Speak to your FEO first and see how they regard it. You may be jumping to conclusions.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    if you don't like our English money
    "our English money"! I can't believe you wrote that .......... or was it some sort of Freudian slip?