Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice please, how much to charge for antlers

Advice please, how much to charge for antlers

I have been contacted by a person who deals in arts and crafts, they have asked if i have any antler for sale, to be honest i have never really thought about selling any so had a look on ebay and the prices vary widely.
    Whilst i wouldn't want to rip them off equally i don't want to sell any too cheaply knowing they will be making a profit out of my ignorance.
    Any advice would be welcome.
    Cheers
    Richard

Why not ask for crafted antler objects back once the person has done what they do with them bartering rather than money changing hands ! I feel the same about selling once used cases they are a by product but I don't know what to charge .interesting to see what arty farty people do with the antlers .
    norma

They will be expecting to pay around 9.00/kg for cast or sawn off red or fallow antlers in bulk. Make sure you also charge enough for postage etc as they are awkward and expensive to transport. I always used to agree on one price per kilo and get them to take everything especially sawn off pricket and spiker antlers. If you decide to sell items individually then ebay is the best bet.

Just charge a price that you are happy personally to take; only worth what you are happy taking for them and if you had never thought of selling it before so it is sitting around just be happy someone is offering something.

sold a ropey 10 pointer for 75 a few months back

Hi, it's not only the Arty/Crafty Brigade who want to buy antler. I have seen bits for sale as dog CHEWS an they aint cheap bits either !

Quote Originally Posted by bullet chucker View Post
    Hi, it's not only the Arty/Crafty Brigade who want to buy antler. I have seen bits for sale as dog CHEWS an they aint cheap bits either !

no, a 4" piece in pets at home is about 10!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    no, a 4" piece in pets at home is about 10!!!
    WHATTTT !!!!

I sold a gold medal roe for 400 and a silver for 175 both with paperwork. Normal roe antlers they can have them most get left on the hill for the crows to pick at.