Thread: Glove recommendations?

Glove recommendations?

Can any one recommend a decent set of warm, waterproof gloves? I have a set of the seal skinz ones but if your crawling or pressing your hand against something they start to absorb water.

any suggestions great fully received!

Ive never owned a set of gloves that didn't let in water apart from the issued artic gloves with goretex outers but a little impractical for stalking great on quad though

I use Sealskinz too, and they are fine for the first year but after plenty of washing I find that the fingers are a pain to get into sometimes, its like the membrane shrinks even though they have been washed as per instructions.

I have a pair of Gore Bike Wear gloves which i bought for mountain biking, but they are relatively thin, and fine for shooting in, particularly when on the pigeons when it's later on in the year when stubble has been cut up here.

Quote Originally Posted by The mighty buck View Post
    Can any one recommend a decent set of warm, waterproof gloves? I have a set of the seal skinz ones but if your crawling or pressing your hand against something they start to absorb water.

any suggestions great fully received!

I bought a pair of these so far so good though for taking the shot you will have to remove your shooting hand they are a little bulky, but for crawling through thick cover water ect not a problem and they are cheap really well made 5 stars from me.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/German-Arm...9#ht_548wt_753

Regular Poster
    I have had a pair of Le Chemeau Chasseur gloves for 4 years now. I use them mostly for game shooting but they have also come out for foxing, pigeon shooting, wildfowling and just about everything else. They are incredibly warm and will stay dry inside throughout everything I have put them through. They are quite expensive but mine still look like new so it works out alright in the end. They give good grip on stocks etc and have a folding trigger finger so you can get good feel for shooting. Hope this helps
    Alistair

Sealskins, and I use them for work every day aswell as shooting etc. very impressed.
    Tusker

marigolds??.......sorry

I use a pair of Vision fly fishing gloves which have thumb and trigger finger missing. Made from neoprene and polartec material, warm and highly waterproof. They do me just great

Quote Originally Posted by sir-lamp-alot View Post
    marigolds??.......sorry
    and here was me thinking they were Flowers !

What about our skin ! 100% waterproof

Kidding aside I use Whitewater Rainblocker(for the past two seasons)
    and must admit there pretty good.

Rgds, Buck.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"