7mm Rem Mag and 7mm Blaser Mag.

Blackrider

In respect of Blaser barrels, are the above two types of ammo usable in either barrel ?
If not, why not ?
And what are the Pros and Cons of the Blaser calibre/ammo ?

I should add but I could be wrong that obtaining 7mm Blaser Mag ammo could be difficult and expensive ?
And what is the "future" of it ?

Thanks Guys.

Last edited:
See here: 7 mm Blaser Magnum - Norma
for details. So not the same at all as 7mm Remington Magnum dimensions. Will it be around? Is 280 Ross, 280 Jeffrey, 275 Holland and Holland and etc still around? Your choice.

But so many of these proprietory cartridges are no lonegr with us UNLESS the parent rifle making company is and then, yet, even some of those are moribund. Think 6.5 Remington Magnum, 225 Winchester, 348 Winchester, and others.

So you may be buying in to a dead end in ten, twenty years or even sooner if unlucky.

for details. So not the same at all as 7mm Remington Magnum dimensions. Will it be around? Is 280 Ross, 280 Jeffrey, 275 Holland and Holland and etc still around? Your choice.

But so many of these proprietory cartridges are no lonegr with us UNLESS the parent rifle making company is and then, yet, even some of those are moribund. Think 6.5 Remington Magnum, 225 Winchester, 348 Winchester, and others.

So you may be buying in to a dead end in ten, twenty years or even sooner if unlucky.
That is what I suspected !
Nice ammo now, probably not cheap and wont be around in twenty years time but then again, maybe neither will I ??

I would think that with the Blaser/Mauser group behind the calibre and Norma making it that there is a good chance it will be around for a long time but it is too early to say.

Good advice , there are a lot of rifles for sale at give away prices here , mostly chambered in Remington Short Action Ultra Mags . I've grown a bit leary of buying into the latest and greatest class of cartridges . Most of the ammunition manufacturers seem to drop cartridges as fast as they introduce them lately . I'd go with a more commonly available round that has similar performance , the game won't notice the difference .

AB

Back