Thread: fitting kozap cz rings to bases help

fitting kozap cz rings to bases help

I was wondering if any one had a link on how to fit the kozap rings to the bases so they were square...im pretty sure i have them fitted properly as the scope is fitted and all is well..but i would like to see a video etc...i took a measurement from the ring to the edge of the base with a gauge and matched them up that way..... Should i loctite them in?

Opticswarehouse Kozap Brno / CZ Scope Rings and Bases

cheers guys

If the rings have a flat front or rear you could use a square, that would get them close.
    But I always set them as square as I can get them, then lap the rings to get 100% contact with both rings half's.

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    If the rings have a flat front or rear you could use a square, that would get them close.
    But I always set them as square as I can get them, then lap the rings to get 100% contact with both rings half's.

Neil.
    yep i done the front like that with a square,,the rear was marked and measured,,,,then set...pretty sure they are sound,,

have you or your pals got a set or scope alignment rod set 1st feller

Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    have you or your pals got a set or scope alignment rod set 1st feller
    not got one mate...i was thinking of getting them lapped...

Quote Originally Posted by exmarksman9870 View Post
    not got one mate...i was thinking of getting them lapped...
    A bar of 1 inch diameter ground tool steel cost me about 12 the tin of lapping compound another 1
    Provided the rings are somewhere near it takes about 20 minutes start to finish.

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    A bar of 1 inch diameter ground tool steel cost me about 12 the tin of lapping compound another 1
    Provided the rings are somewhere near it takes about 20 minutes start to finish.

Neil.
    Cheers ..

same way at the optiloc bases

put the flat side of the ring on flat surface and the base on loose. the base will stand upright. then press down on the ring. this will square the base. tighten as you press.

leave on the bench as there were. you can now touch each of the corners and see if the ring rocks. no rock means their square.

Quote Originally Posted by activeviii View Post
    same way at the optiloc bases

put the flat side of the ring on flat surface and the base on loose. the base will stand upright. then press down on the ring. this will square the base. tighten as you press.

leave on the bench as there were. you can now touch each of the corners and see if the ring rocks. no rock means their square.
    cheers...