Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hogden

Hogden

hi just off the phone to local rfd, he tells me hogden powder is hard to get. is there any truth in it. thanks

for the past year or so,

Rocking horse poo is easier to find

If only one of the American members had issued a warning a some years back about an impending shortage of components!

Oh, but wait.... And one memorable PM accusing him of storm crowing ended with, "Nonsense! My dealer says No problem!".

Good news: This American can tell you that the supplies of powder seem to be normalizing so hopefully things will be better for you guys soon.~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    If only one of the American members had issued a warning a some years back about an impending shortage of components!

Oh, but wait.... And one memorable PM accusing him of storm crowing ended with, "Nonsense! My dealer says No problem!".

Good news: This American can tell you that the supplies of powder seem to be normalizing so hopefully things will be better for you guys soon.~Muir
    He he

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post

Yea as if?
    I stocked up on your advice, still have 3 pots of H414

It appears that quite a lot of American powders are made in Europe, so why not change to them?.
    I was told that Hodgdon Reloader 15 is Norma 203B repackaged and I expect, if you dig around, there will be other examples.
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by the scudd View Post
    hi just off the phone to local rfd, he tells me hogden powder is hard to get. is there any truth in it. thanks
    Have you been hibernating mate or out of the country. Old news I'm afraid. I take it you haven't had need of re-supply for some time so haven't had contact with your local RFD.

American branded powders have been like that for some time fortunately we are better supplied with European and Australian powders which are often the same powders just packaged differently, or are even better in some ways in particular cost.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Just use a 22 Hornet!

Quote Originally Posted by PeteL View Post
    It appears that quite a lot of American powders are made in Europe, so why not change to them?.
    I was told that Hodgdon Reloader 15 is Norma 203B repackaged and I expect, if you dig around, there will be other examples.
    Peter
    Reloader 15 is not a Hodgdon power. It's Alliant.~Muir