Thread: M591 Sako semi custom

M591 Sako semi custom

I have recently purchased from an ex keeper(friend of a friend) a Sako M591 .308 semi customized rifle, I got it at a reasonable price, screw cut, PES over barrel mod included, I mounted an 8x56 s/b, bore sighted and zeroed in 9 shots (3 groups of 3), last group of 3 cloverleafed at 100yrds from a prone position, off the bipod, needless to say i am a happy bunny, the rifle has been recently re barreled by border, pillar bedded, and match crowned so I wouldnt expect anything less, the timber is plain, but in good order, monty carlo stock, fits like a glove. Been out a couple of times, seen deer but not safe,or wrong gender, out again tomorrow, so hopfully get my 1st deer on the grass with my new/old rifle. Any of you guys shoot an M591? are the what they are cracked up to be? Been shooting my Tikka T3 light 243cal for over 10years, unmoderated, love it to bits, and my T3 varmint 22 250 for charlie both have served me very well over the years, but the M591 has a feel to it, if you get my drift, bit old fasioned but nice, any coments welcome. regards nav5.

Looks like you already have your loads. Just go hunting.

I shoot a Beretta 501, which is the same rifle basically, deluxe, iron sights, no scope. A wonderful old school rifle.

Here is the manual, with how to adjust the trigger and all that.

http://www.sako.fi/pdf/manuals/Sako591_691.pdf

Thats the plan, used sako 123grain sp's as the previous owner recommended, i will be hand loading in the future but cant see how i can improve on the factory ammo i have. Trigger is as sweet as a nut, i am planning to change the mod, as the pes is a little bit on the heavy side for stalking, titainium looks to be the way forward._

I have a.22-250 M591 & love it

gave to Taylor on here and he honed trigger & lightened it but well within safety parameters , I as then really lucky to land a McMillan stock for it ..... Left handed action as well !!!

i have literally just put a pictinnay rail on it and have an Armasight drone pro night vision scope on it now..
    Digital so I can still use it thru the day
    It has an ase ultra cqb mod on it ....
    i love it .... Think it better than the newer stuff

paul

Quote Originally Posted by navaran5 View Post
    I have recently purchased from an ex keeper(friend of a friend) a Sako M591 .308 semi customized rifle, I got it at a reasonable price, screw cut, PES over barrel mod included, I mounted an 8x56 s/b, bore sighted and zeroed in 9 shots (3 groups of 3), last group of 3 cloverleafed at 100yrds from a prone position, off the bipod, needless to say i am a happy bunny, the rifle has been recently re barreled by border, pillar bedded, and match crowned so I wouldnt expect anything less, the timber is plain, but in good order, monty carlo stock, fits like a glove. Been out a couple of times, seen deer but not safe,or wrong gender, out again tomorrow, so hopfully get my 1st deer on the grass with my new/old rifle. Any of you guys shoot an M591? are the what they are cracked up to be? Been shooting my Tikka T3 light 243cal for over 10years, unmoderated, love it to bits, and my T3 varmint 22 250 for charlie both have served me very well over the years, but the M591 has a feel to it, if you get my drift, bit old fasioned but nice, any coments welcome. regards nav5.
    I have two. A .243 varmint that does 1/3moa with 87gr vmax, and a .308 varmint that does 1/4moa with factory 110gr vmax, and 175smk home loads. Both are a joy to use, proper 'solid' feel to them. And the build quality is good enough to swap scopes between the two with less than 1/2" poi difference, and both headspace correctly with each other's bolts too.

Pete
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK

I don't load anything special for mine, because I have so many proven loads which other .308s just love, do it is fed those.

I am keeping it in iron sights, because it is a good companion to its big brother, L61R in .375 H&H.

I love carrying this rifle and shooting it afield.