britishblades.com

tackb

hi, I just wondered if anyone is a member of this forum ?

I've joined but can't post etc , only look ? and try as I might I can't seem to get a response from admin or find anything in there FAQ?

getting frustrating now as I can't feed my knife addiction...........

what i'm asking is could someone who is a member please ask why tackb can't get involved and please reply to his pm to admin?

Most likely your wife has been in touch with Admin on britishblades and asked them to bar you.;)

I'm a member and I'll ask the question.

willie_gunn

Most likely your wife has been in touch with Admin on britishblades and asked them to bar you.;)

I'm a member and I'll ask the question.

willie_gunn

very possible but shes not my wife , i'm never making that mistake again!!!!!

thank you

Question now asked.

I do recall that I had to subscribe (at minimal cost) and become a VIP member in order to access the Discount Codes that britishblades has negotiated with many suppliers (Heinnie Haynes, for example) but I've more than recovered my subscription cost with all the savings I've made buying nice shiny pointy things :D

willie_gunn

hi, I just wondered if anyone is a member of this forum ?

I've joined but can't post etc , only look ? and try as I might I can't seem to get a response from admin or find anything in there FAQ?

getting frustrating now as I can't feed my knife addiction...........

Hi tackb,
Looks like you didn't successfully complete the joining process at BB. There's no record under your username if you used the same one as here. Just like this forum, BB requires a live email and sends you a link. Once you've clicked on that link you can enter as a member. One other security restriction on BB is that everybody's first actual post has to be moderator approved, and won't appear until a mod has OK'd it (keeps spammers, bots and lunatics at bay :p).

While I'm here, worth pointing out you don't have to be a subscriber to BB to buy anything - the Sales forums are open to all members, but you do have to be a subscribing member (a VIP) to sell. All sales transactions with private members are conducted by PM, so no-one can post in a private sales thread. Makers Sales and Traders Sales are different, and there folk can post in threads. BB is a V-Bulletin site, like this one.

Hope this clears a few things up, and tackb - just join "again" and if you have problems, post here and I'll see it.

Danny

Hi tackb,
Looks like you didn't successfully complete the joining process at BB. There's no record under your username if you used the same one as here. Just like this forum, BB requires a live email and sends you a link. Once you've clicked on that link you can enter as a member. One other security restriction on BB is that everybody's first actual post has to be moderator approved, and won't appear until a mod has OK'd it (keeps spammers, bots and lunatics at bay :p).

While I'm here, worth pointing out you don't have to be a subscriber to BB to buy anything - the Sales forums are open to all members, but you do have to be a subscribing member (a VIP) to sell. All sales transactions with private members are conducted by PM, so no-one can post in a private sales thread. Makers Sales and Traders Sales are different, and there folk can post in threads. BB is a V-Bulletin site, like this one.

Hope this clears a few things up, and tackb - just join "again" and if you have problems, post here and I'll see it.

Danny

thanks danny , I've done all that but can't even pm people (missed a couple of things so far!) it shows me as a member but I other than browse I just can't do anything?

Tackb
user-online.png

reputation_pos.png

[h=5]Mini Statistics[/h]Join Date 02-01-14Last Activity Today 01:35 PMBlog Entries

thanks danny , I've done all that but can't even pm people (missed a couple of things so far!) it shows me as a member but I other than browse I just can't do anything?

Tackb
user-online.png

reputation_pos.png

Mini Statistics

Join Date 02-01-14Last Activity Today 01:35 PMBlog Entries

I just tried to PM you on BB
You have chosen to not receive PM's is what i got
Try going to settings and change it all to suit you

Neil. :)

i'll do that right now hornet , must be default because I don't remember setting anything?

Hi Tack,
Nope -you're not showing up as a member on BB lists at all, even rom the Moderator's view.
What screens show you as a member?

Ahhh found you! You're stuck in a "Users Awaiting Email confirmation" queue. Can you go back to any system emails you've had from us and click the link again? I'll ask our Admin to get in touch as well

Ahhh found you! You're stuck in a "Users Awaiting Email confirmation" queue. Can you go back to any system emails you've had from us and click the link again? I'll ask our Admin to get in touch as well

great ! I've already been back through my emails and even my deleted/spam files , just can't find an email from you ? Could you send it again?

great ! I've already been back through my emails and even my deleted/spam files , just can't find an email from you ? Could you send it again?
This can sometimes happen if you've made a typo in your email.I'll PM the one you registered with (PM on this forum) and you can let me know if it's righ before we try again.

Back