Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a "well done" and thanks to Avalon Guns.

a "well done" and thanks to Avalon Guns.

I just wanted to post a well done to Avalon Guns in somerset, I was looking for a Semi Auto recently and called round a large amount of dealers all over the UK, Avalon went out of thier way to give advice (which changed my selection of gun) they had both types I was looking for and did not push me in one direction or another but just gave good advice.

They happened to have an Ex-demo version for a very good savings and the assistant stated the gun was "as new, not a single mark on it"

he also stated I could send it back if not happy.

I recieved the gun the day after purchasing - and I am literally at the other end of the UK in Scotland and it was immaculate and as new as described.

I looked at some that were brand new on the rack and had a few marks on the wood etc which for a new gun is dissappointing that they have been bashed about in this manner. and the variance in price from lowest to highest was about 600!

Really impressed and would highly recommend them, a big thanks to "Nathan" who I spoke with on the phone and whom went out of his way to help.

A refreshing attitude to customer service in todays consumer world!

Regards,

Gixer

The very first time I went in there I was with a group of shooting friends, we actually went in to shelter from the rain.
    But we had a great time, got lots of great advice and spent some money, that was 2010.
    I went in alone a year later to buy a simple Harris Bipod, I had called in advance to make sure they had one and was told yes.
    After an hours drive I found that they didn't have one, just a cheap Chinese copy that they swore was better.
    I got no apology and no help in finding one elsewhere, the next day a mate went in to buy a new Beretta and was treated badly.
    Never again, when I'm down that way now it is either Ivythorn or Sportsman GC at Dorchester.

Neil.

Twice I've asked them about ordering a gun and both times they never got back to me. so i bought the rifles from that nice shop in Swindon. Avalon guns, Tossers.

I can only take them as I found them guys....sorry to hear you didn't get good service.

regards,

Gixer

Quote Originally Posted by gixer1 View Post
    I can only take them as I found them guys....

Gixer
    That's all any of us can do, glad your worked out ok.
    As I said on our first visit we were impressed, both with the shop and the staff in general.
    Just a shame the second (and 3rd) was a disaster.

Neil.

Established Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagare View Post
    Twice I've asked them about ordering a gun and both times they never got back to me. so i bought the rifles from that nice shop in Swindon. Avalon guns, Tossers.
    Which shop was that please? I'm guessing Wiltshire Rod & Gun? I've only been in there to purchase a cheap knife but will have plenty of shopping to do once my cert comes. Be good to know which dealers local to me offer good service.

Cheers,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Bilge Rat View Post
    Which shop was that please? I'm guessing Wiltshire Rod & Gun? I've only been in there to purchase a cheap knife but will have plenty of shopping to do once my cert comes. Be good to know which dealers local to me offer good service.

Cheers,
    Nick
    Whilst wilts rod and gun were helpful when I went, they are pretty pricey. I now drive an hour to get to Dauntseys as those guys are absolutely brilliant. Helpful, enthusiastic and knowledgable- might be closer to you too?

I've bought a couple of scatter guns from Avalon in the past and found them to be most helpful. Always worth a pop in if your in the locality, especially if you have the Mrs in tow... There's the retail village just near them so she can mooch while you take a look see!

Quote Originally Posted by gixer1 View Post
    I can only take them as I found them guys....sorry to hear you didn't get good service.

regards,

Gixer
    +1 with Gixer got a 222 off them recently and they couldn't be more helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Bilge Rat View Post

Cheers,
    Nick
    Wiltshire rod and gun it was. They ordered the rifles and did a good deal on the scopes as well. Whilst it was a few years ago i have a good memory for bad service and Avalon guns lost out on about 4 grands worth of business. So to them.