Thread: Pheasant syndicate - Lockerbie area

Pheasant syndicate - Lockerbie area

Good afternoon,

We have places available on a friendly DIY pheasant shoot near Lockerbie for the coming season.

We are planning to put 2000 birds to wood plus duck shooting and woodcock.

The shoot is split into 2 teams and run a shoot 1 beat 1 basis through out the day. The shoot days are every Saturday and over the Christmas period there is additional days on top of this.

There is availability for full gun weekly which is 900 and half gun fortnightly which is 550.

There is a mixture of terrain giving a variety of shooting for experienced shooters to the novice which covers across 2000acres.

If interested please PM with a few details about yourself and any other questions you have.

Have a good day

Sounds great wish I was closer!

So 18 guns shooting I assume, what the average return rate over last 5 years?.

If 14 days shooting, return 30% then 600 shot = about 45 a day, 18 guns = 3 per day per gun roughly.

Cost is certainly not expensive and may be a good starting point for someone getting into the sport, most of the better shoots are 'dead mans shoes' jobs and its a matter of who you know.

Am not interested myself, I run a similar size shoot in the midlands but these sort of figures will give people an idea of what to expect and save you some time.

A

Quote Originally Posted by Alycidon View Post
    So 18 guns shooting I assume, what the average return rate over last 5 years?.

If 14 days shooting, return 30% then 600 shot = about 45 a day, 18 guns = 3 per day per gun roughly.

Cost is certainly not expensive and may be a good starting point for someone getting into the sport, most of the better shoots are 'dead mans shoes' jobs and its a matter of who you know.

Am not interested myself, I run a similar size shoot in the midlands but these sort of figures will give people an idea of what to expect and save you some time.

A
    Good evening,

We are looking to have 16 to 18 members on the shoot "8-9 per team", which is a walk 1 beat 1 basis. Last year there was an average of about 90 shots per day.

This year there is a big change of running the syndicate due to a sad loss of our keeper.

So this year we are basically started a fresh again. The syndicate have made a lot of good plans for the coming year ahead and we are all looking forward to the time ahead, the shoot covers 2000acres of various types of land which can test the most accurate shooters.

As said on the post above, we are a shoot not looking to be shooting 100+ bird days, as you can see in the price, we are out for a good day out where everyone enjoys there day out and has a good crack and goes home happy with some birds for the cooker We are young and old on the shoot and everyone is made welcome.
    Last edited by WAYNE; 29-03-2014 at 21:15.

Good afternoon,

We still have some spaces left for the coming season if anyone is interested in joining.

For any further info drop me a PM.

Have a good day

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

could you PM the location of the shoot and how many guns are left? Regards

Good evening,

We have half gun remaining in our syndicate up at Lockerbie if any one is interested.

This equal's to shooting fortnightly on a beat 1 walk 1 basis.

The cost is 550, if interested drop me a PM.

Have a good night