Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moderator choice .270

Moderator choice .270

A few posts on this but thought i would refresh things up,,,

I use a wildcat pred 8 on my .243 and im very happy with although a bit heavy but reduce muzzle flip and i can see the strike when i take a shot so perfect,,,

what i am looking for is a light weight moderator to put on my .270 that will reduce the flip but not cause much forward weight ,,over barrel or muzzle not a problem,,,any thoughts and reviews welcome cheers

I use a Hardy on my 270 and I'm very happy with it. A nice light weight mod with built in muzzle break. I don't find it jump to much. I will definatally be getting another Hardy for my next .270

Quote Originally Posted by crouch valley View Post
    I use a Hardy on my 270 and I'm very happy with it. A nice light weight mod with built in muzzle break. I don't find it jump to much. I will definatally be getting another Hardy for my next .270
    i have be looking at the gen 4,,

Quote Originally Posted by exmarksman9870 View Post
    i have be looking at the gen 4,,
    I don't think you would be disappointed. Speak to Remmy700 off here I know he supplies them.

I'm using a Hardy Gen 4 on my .270, and have copied my post below from the another thread:

"I've been using a Hardy Gen 4 for five months now, and really like it over my previous T8 for it's low weight, low maintenance and the fact it adds so little length to the rifle.

I wholeheartedly agree with the comments above about it not being/"seeming" as quiet as others, but the sound reduction is adequate for me - I don't feel the need to use any additional hearing protection.

It does an excellent job of reducing muzzle flip and allowing me to retain sight picture, and I can hear bullet strikes in similar situations and conditions as I could with the old T8."

The full thread is here: Hardy IV surpressor. Any further feedback? my post is at the very end.

Am i correct in saying hardy gen 4 in large aperture is for the .270 .....what are they made of...

I have the gen3 on the .270 and its far better than the t8 I had.

An Aetec Maxim with two additional baffles for me on my .270.
    Started off with the standard four and up it to six. Just put a neoprene cover on it which seems to take the "ring" out of the report !

I like it !

Any use an A-10? I think was made by a now defunct company The Whole Shooting Match. There's one coming on the 270 I just bought.

A tec cmm4 will do the job i have them on my 243 , 270 , + 308 and shortly adding one to my 375