Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wood Burning Stoves in Yorkshire

Wood Burning Stoves in Yorkshire

I'm planning on having a wood burning stove installed in one of the front rooms. I've had a quote from a local installer which was 3200.

This included:

A 5KW Stove (Villager Heron)
    Removing existing gas fire
    Fitting new hearth and mantle piece etc including plastering
    Fitting stove and 7 ish metres of twinwall flue through wall to run up external wall of house.

Is this a realistic price?

I ask as I have seen various websites selling twin wall flue from between 50 and 60 a metre including VAT, manufactured in Germany. I have also priced the stove @ 500 ish also online.

Does anyone know a Hetas approved installer in the East Yorks area who is willing to fit what I supply?

Had my old fire removed, and a 12kw boiler stove fitted, with a fully lined flue (stainless, backfilled with those little pea thingys) new pot. inglenook built, slate hearth etc etc etc

2 grand, including the stove at a grand

your price sounds seriously high

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku6000 View Post
    I'm planning on having a wood burning stove installed in one of the front rooms. I've had a quote from a local installer which was 3200.

This included:

A 5KW Stove (Villager Heron)
    Removing existing gas fire
    Fitting new hearth and mantle piece etc including plastering
    Fitting stove and 7 ish metres of twinwall flue through wall to run up external wall of house.

Is this a realistic price?

I ask as I have seen various websites selling twin wall flue from between 50 and 60 a metre including VAT, manufactured in Germany. I have also priced the stove @ 500 ish also online.

Does anyone know a Hetas approved installer in the East Yorks area who is willing to fit what I supply?
    I went down this road, if you PM me your phone no we can ahve a chat.
    Pete.

Established Poster
    I haven't looked up the price of these parts, but the bends, cowel, brackets sweeping port, etc will be more expensive than the straight insulated flue. You probably will find it cheaper, but if he is recommended then that would be worth quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by hoodwink View Post
    I haven't looked up the price of these parts, but the bends, cowel, brackets sweeping port, etc will be more expensive than the straight insulated flue. You probably will find it cheaper, but if he is recommended then that would be worth quite a bit.
    http://www.nvsltd.com/

this is the company i use there prices are very good in this area .

I bought my Jotul stove a couple of years ago from The Batley Barless Fire Company - see online at Batley Barless / Firestove - Quality Stoves, Woodburning and Multi Fuel Stoves, Cheap Woodburning Stoves - They have all top makes in stock & their prices were extremely competetive. It was cheaper for me to buy from them even including the hefty delivery charge than to buy anywhere in Scotland.
    I got mine installed by a qualified local chap so it's all pukka.
    Most companies charge you retail price for the hardware on top of silly high labour rates so buying yourself allows you to get a much better deal.

Ian

Hi
    Have a look at Home | Stoves | Horncastle | Fire Design

Not sure if they have what you are looking for, or if they cover your area. I had a gas fire fitted in my new house and I know the family, very reliable etc.
    ATB
    Fairacre
    Last edited by fairacre; 09-03-2014 at 20:34. Reason: Not sure what happened

Have a chat to Bower & Child in Huddersfield, really knowledgeable and helpful. I managed to get a decent discount a few years ago, they'll know whether the price is right or if he's lifting your leg.

Wood Burning Stoves, Multifuel, Gas and Electric Stoves - Stoves Are Us got my 5kw arrow multi fuel burner and 8m of 904/904 grade liner and the cowl/adapter kit for a grand... I'm sure you could get the rest done for less than a grand....
    slowly slowly catch a monkey..

OP: subject to the actual detail of the installation it sounds about right for a complete install by a company. I have just had a similar quote 3400, for a similar sounding job (with a stove costing around 800).

I too think this sounds expensive so looking at alternatives like yourself.