Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Le Chameau Mouflon Kevlar

Le Chameau Mouflon Kevlar

I've just taken delivery of a pair of the above boots. . Bought for half of the RRP from Swillington Shooting Supplies. They get a bit of a mixed review, but at that price surely worth a punt.

I understand they are now a discontinued line so well worth a phone call to Swillington if your
    in the market for new boots.

No connections to the retailer but they have been on the ball.
    Recommended !!!

I have the leather version and they are around 2-3 years old, no problem with them and they are very comfortable, one thing I did do with mine is go onto Ebay and get a set of the elasticated laces with lock botton thing and replace the boot laces with these, much more user friendly and they stay tight enough to be supporting but loose enough that you can slip them off.

her3e's a link - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ELASTIC-LA...c#ht_544wt_916

Regards,

Gixer

Had a pair of similar ones made by a Spanish maker called Bestard. Bought them through Bushwear in Stirling. Great boots, but........walking through heather fires and stalks knocked seven shades out of the goretex liner. They went back, had the liner replaced, which lasted another few months, then leaked again. Possibly the reason that they are both discontinued? Unfortunate, as it's a great idea and material, but possibly not suited to boots for the hill.

Quote Originally Posted by lochty View Post
    Had a pair of similar ones made by a Spanish maker called Bestard. Bought them through Bushwear in Stirling. Great boots, but........walking through heather fires and stalks knocked seven shades out of the goretex liner. They went back, had the liner replaced, which lasted another few months, then leaked again. Possibly the reason that they are both discontinued? Unfortunate, as it's a great idea and material, but possibly not suited to boots for the hill.
    You may be right, time will tell as I am pretty sore on boots.
    I wouldn't have paid 235.00 for them but at half price if they last me a year I'll be happy.

Very fond of me chameau Aubrac. Don't take much wearing in, tough and last really well. Can find some fairly reasonably priced if you look around. Super comfy too

Had a look and they only have size 8 left

When I ordered mine they only had a few pairs left and didn't have a huge selection of
    sizes . . I got the last pair of tens, so just your luck I suppose.
    Tried them this morning and they helped me creep into a couple of young does which are now hanging in my shed . . . . Was like stalking in your favourite baffies. . . and if some of the reviews are to be believed just as waterproof as well . . Time will tell how they last but good first impressions.
    Last edited by Cadex; 08-03-2014 at 14:21.

Just a quick update on these boots . . .I've had them for a month now and have covered
    quite a few miles, mostly through heather and woodland but quite a bit of walking on
    clearfell as well.

I must say I'm highly impressed, comfortable, warm and so far waterproof. . . I've done them a few times with sno~seal wax and they have come up like new.

Very happy so far, but as they say the proof is in the pudding. . . So let's see if they are still
    holding it together in six months time.
    Last edited by Cadex; 07-04-2014 at 10:57.

Suffolk [North; where the pines and pigs are]
    Just seen the post re Bestard boots...cracking name to [mis-]pronounce when asked what they are 'which boots are they?' 'Bestard' 'Sorry...only asking'

Will see how my lightweight GT go-faster boots cope with heavy brush

Just to resurrect and old thread. . . It's maybe good for potential purchasers to read a review of a product that someone has actually bought and used.

I bought a pair of the above boots on the 6th March 2014.
    To date they have been supremely comfortable and took virtually no breaking in, however with less than four months usage they have started to leak and the rubber rand has started to peel away from the body of the boot.
    To say I'm unimpressed is an understatement.

They are currently boxed up waiting to be returned to the supplier.

I actually begin to question if there are any boots currently on the market which are fit for purpose.