Thread: Level 2 portfolio expiry

Level 2 portfolio expiry

So, three years ago I paid for the privilege to compile a level 2 portfolio. Keen as mustard I was. However three years later I have not completed it, probably as there has been no pressure to do it. So, I will send off the obligatory fee for another three year window. It's not through lack of opportunities either.

Don't sit on your portfolio, three years goes quickly. That is all.

Brooklands Holiday Apartments in North Yorkshire
    www.visitbrooklands.co.uk

Find us on Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Brook...71190506238710

Ouch!

That second fee could have paid for a stalk and sign off for one beast.

Good luck and make sure you complete within 6 years

Think the trick is to try and get one in in the first month! Once I had my first, did the other 2 one month after the other.

Cheers, I've met loads of decent people through SD, even stalked with the Sika Malc, so there has never been a lack of opportunity. I have even thought of booking a cull session with Jelen or Bds just to get it done. Still, the doe I dropped last weekend didn't seem to care whether I had a level 2 or not..

Find us on Facebook:

Quote Originally Posted by Wills View Post
    the doe I dropped last weekend didn't seem to care whether I had a level 2 or not..
    That's the point through, its a test of competency, not a qualification you learn from.

Quote Originally Posted by stalker.308 View Post
    That's the point through, its a test of competency, not a qualification you learn from.

this is the best statement about any DMQs.

Andy7mm

Quote Originally Posted by Andy7mm View Post

Andy7mm
    I agree, I am hoping they way I do things coincides with the requirements. I know from a food law point of view it does.

Find us on Facebook:

Quote Originally Posted by Andy7mm View Post

Andy7mm
    I don't really agree with regard to DSC1; it depends on your level of experience before the course. A friend of mine knew nothing of deer whatsoever, or guns/laws etc did a load of revision, felt totally confused following revision, did the course, and passed. I knew a fair bit about deer before my DSC1 but I still learnt a fair bit on the course, particularly about the deer I had no experience of back then. My statement was more about DSC2. I think your statement Andy7mm is more about those that already stalk and have done for some time doing DSC1.

I did a write up on mine here: It started with a sorrel and finished with a royal! 3 species, 3 months, 3 countries!

And my point was it is nice to do it to know I am at a good industry standard that I can be proud of. After all how do you know you are there until you try to do it? Not that you have to do DSC2, and the deer die the same way, I just found myself in a position where I could do it easily and cheaply so thought why not.

3 years does go by quick. I also let my first portfolio expire but it became mandatory for my deer management group and I managed to nail it in a day! There was certainly some luck involved!

On the other comments - It is a test of competency but most (honest) DSC2 cert holders would probably say there were things they learned during the process ( I'll include myself in that). I think there are also quite a few who would have to say they thought they were up to the standard but actually found they had a fair bit to learn before they got through it.

It is a stamp of competency though and I think if my observation above is true this is positive rather than negative. So long as the AWs are doing their jobs properly I think it is a very valuable and credible qualification and one to be proud of once you have it.

Have a thought for the AWs! Its a tricky job at times!!!
    Last edited by Tackleberry270; 11-03-2014 at 12:38.