Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: multi - fuel

multi - fuel

hi am going to put a multi- fuel stove 5-6kw in to my house . do i really need to spend thousands on a stove or are the 200-&300 stoves just as good ??cheers

Ive got a Clearview 5Kw. It cost 970 about 5-6 years ago. I think it was money well spent. I can leave it for 24 hours and it will just start up again without needing to light it. Normally if I have been out stalking and come back in, by the time I put the dogs a way, feed them and change my clothes the kettle will be boiling on top of the stove.

I'm afraid that you get what you pay for. Tried a cheap stove once, now have a Morso.

Should be able to get a Morso squirrel for around 800

Don't buy a cheap one. Things are cheap fir a reason. I've got a arrow. Life time guarantee on the shell. Mine now is 900.
    Mines supplies my whole home with only sauce if heating. It's a 8kg. Runs eight months of the year 5 years old only replaced throat plate.

We installed an Esse 500 a couple of years ago, cost us 500. On all winter, never needed anything for it apart from flexible rods for cleaning the flue.

Al

Gonna cost couple o grand at least

Sorry Tam, if you spend 300 or so, you will have a poor running stove that uses more timber, ( I know you can get plenty up there free) and when it warps and packs up you will be replacing it in a couple of years.
    avoid the chinese imports and clarke cheapo ones.

+1 to bobt.

A friend installed a cheapo (320) 2 winters ago. It started off with warped doors after 2 hours use.

Then the door glasses began to crack because of the warped doors.

This winter, he went through twice as much wood as we did, and his stove has half the capacity of ours.

By cheap - buy twice!
    Last edited by charadam; 08-03-2014 at 14:00.
    "Nonsense! They couldn't hit an elephant at this dista.....................".

just had a yeoman exe 5 kw fitted cost about 900 quid, excellent bit of kit, don;t get a cheap one, as the guys have already said it will fall to bits, they are cheap for a reason.
    HH

Quote Originally Posted by amanda16 View Post
    hi am going to put a multi- fuel stove 5-6kw in to my house . do i really need to spend thousands on a stove or are the 200-&300 stoves just as good ??cheers
    Buy yourself a Clearview they are quality stoves, parts if required are available, yes the are costly but buy once buy right ,your 200/300 range i would fit in a outhouse a friend of mine thought the same way you are he changed the glass 4 times the door is bent, the heat comes off the whole stove the fire brick is about 15mm thick .

Certainly not what i'd put in a house he has just went and bought a Clearview Pioneer 400 he even says he wasted money thinking that buying cheap would do the same job it only cost him in the long run .