Thread: C H Weston gunmakers

C H Weston gunmakers

Do any of the knowledgeable members on here have any info on the above gunmaker? All I find in google is the gunshop in Brighton which as far as I'm aware has just retained the name rather than having the history....
    Just bought a side by side made by them and interested in finding out a bit more.....
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Not a gunmaker in any way these days. Just a gun shop with lots of air rifles, bb guns, cheap swords, etc.

If you want to know about historic guns contact Jack Wood at Pantiles Vintage Guns in Tunbridge Wells he is a wealth of knowledge (one of his sons runs Weston's and the other runs Anderson's in a East Grinstead)
    Last edited by long_range_rob; 07-03-2014 at 20:30.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by long_range_rob View Post
    Not a gunmaker in any way these days. Just a gun shop with lots of air rifles, bb guns, cheap swords, etc.
    I know that much, just after a bit of history, like when they were in operation from and to etc.......

From what I can glean, they were not a gunmaker so to speak, but a shop who branded up their guns, primarily sourced from Birmingham. They traded at their address 7 New Road, Brighton until 1921, and apparently continued at other addresses right up until around 1970 before selling the name and closing the business.......
    I've just bought a side lock by this name which given the date above at least makes it pre 1921 in production, but I guess I'll be none the wiser than that as far as who actually made it.
    If anyone can recommend any books that might hold any answers I'd be interested to hear, it'd be great to learn a bit more about it.