Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Twisted performance

Twisted performance

Looking at getting the defender re mapped by them, has anyone had any dealing with them or know anybody that works for them who I could have a chat with.

Thanks

Andy
    Hunting isn't just something I do it's part of who I am

Where you are Andy I'd go and see fellow Yorkshire man Pete Bell http://bellautoservices.co.uk, over the years he has done 2 Discoveries and 1 Defender of mine, he knows his stuff and makes good tea!

another vote for pete bell

Im still waiting for twisted to ring me back, having said they would 3 times.

If you want to go into the desert uncomfortably go in a landrover
    If you want to return from the desert and be comfortable buy a Mitsubishi Landcruser

A friend of mine used to work at twisted, he did say if you increase power it eventually raises a problem some where.
    The have a good reputation locally
    Humans are pre wired with fight or flight response
    Great Grandad fought, Grandad fought.
    For the sake of my Grandchild I wish for Less Flight responses entering Europe

Remapping any engine made by LR is not that good a move as they operate on their limits as it is ! td5 by any chance? can you afford a new engine when it blows up?

Quote Originally Posted by johno100 View Post
    remapping any engine made by lr is not that good a move as they operate on their limits as it is ! Td5 by any chance? Can you afford a new engine when it blows up?

tdci 2.4
    Hunting isn't just something I do it's part of who I am

Quote Originally Posted by Johno100 View Post
    Remapping any engine made by LR is not that good a move as they operate on their limits as it is ! td5 by any chance? can you afford a new engine when it blows up?
    I've been told that TD5's are pretty un-stressed in their factory settings, to meet the various emission regulations in the markets they were sold in. So long as you don't do too much, they respond well to mild tuning. A bit more power and ironing out the annoying flat spot low down can be beneficial. What do you tell your insurance though? Another question there...

SD Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Trufflehunting View Post
    If you want to go into the desert uncomfortably go in a landrover
    If you want to return from the desert and be comfortable buy a Mitsubishi Landcruser

A friend of mine used to work at twisted, he did say if you increase power it eventually raises a problem some where.
    The have a good reputation locally
    Since when did Mitsubmissshit build landcruiser ?
    BE PREPARED IT WASNT RAINING WHEN THEY BUILT THE ARC

Hi, I have two defenders, one is the work vehicle, the other TD5 has been re-mapped by TD5 Alive, I use it for towing heavy trailers. It has performed faultlessly for the last 4 years and the re-map has increased low down power and removed the flat spot it had as standard. I have also removed the EGR system which improved things a bit more.

Regards

Steve

Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: http://www.uksha.org or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

j e engineering in coventry done my td5 took it from 135 hp to 195hp for 900 quid iv done 70k in her now never and no problems fuel increased 2mpg as well