Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swillington have reduced zeiss duralyts

Swillington have reduced zeiss duralyts

Just seen a Facebook post from swillington shooting supplies where they are reducing the price of new zeiss 3-12x50 duralyt scopes

ir version from 895 to 780
    non ir from 645 to 555

Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by aaronbott View Post
    non ir from 645 to 555
    That's the price I paid 2 years ago at the Midland game fair
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Just seen a Facebook post from swillington shooting supplies where they are reducing the price of new zeiss 3-12x50 duralyt scopes

non ir from 645 to 555

Aaron
    '
    I love their email marketing shot re. these scopes: "Featuring light-transmissive optics". So this optic transmits light? Well, I never.
    • Do not be seduced by the marketing-men....

They obviously mean transmit in it's meaning of "pass through" rather than to produce and broadcast something. Some clever word play by their marketing people it appears. Let there be light!

non ir from 645 to 555

Aaron
    I hope there ok as I have just bought one today of them.
    "a man does good business when he rids himself of a turd"

Quote Originally Posted by reiver View Post
    I hope there ok as I have just bought one today of them.
    These have a 10 year Zeiss warranty so you should have no worries!

I had an E mail yesterday from a Mate who works for a gun shop in the north east to say they are selling them at 545
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

Are they trying to shift the bronze coloured models before they're superceded by the new "Conquest DL"?

CONQUEST DL riflescopes from ZEISS - Connecting modern design with versatility | ZEISS International

It's strange that most dealers have put the price up on the Duralyt range over the last 6 months, if the introduction of the above Zeiss Conquest was imminent to the UK then I would have thought that a price freeze or price reduction would have been In order.

I suspect that the main difference of the conquest to the Duralyt is mostly cosmetic and that it has probably been made for the American market. The current range of Zeiss Conquest rifle scopes though available to the US are not promoted in the UK .

Perhaps one of the UK Zeiss employees currently active on this forum could be so kind as to shed some light on this. (no pun intended !)
    Last edited by paultap; 13-03-2014 at 21:36.

Skip to 20:08 in the video below. (Though the foxing before that is well worth a look too!) It's the Zeiss stand at IWA 2014, and shows a preview of the Conquest DL.

They say that the new Conquest DL will replacement the bronze Duralyt, but clarification from Zeiss UK would be nice like you say! Zeiss Mark where are you??!!

Looking at the Zeiss US website, it looks like the Conquest DL has ASV available as an option too - nice....
    Last edited by Wheesht!; 14-03-2014 at 09:58.