Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The International Stalking Directory

The International Stalking Directory

There seems to be a recent influx of overseas members in the Introduction section.

Austria, Norway, Turkey, Africa, Romania, Michigan just to name a few

I enjoy reading about hunting abroad (as I'm sure most members do) and how it differs from ours, so please give these guys a warm welcome so they will share their stories with us...

And explain to them how to upload photos
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

I welcome them , but lets keep discussions to stalking in the UK or maybe the mods could set up an international hunting page page?

Quote Originally Posted by Johno100 View Post
    I welcome them , but lets keep discussions to stalking in the UK or maybe the mods could set up an international hunting page page?
    Why? Its really interesting reading about boar hunts and mouflon or hunting down under in Australia, so why limit it? If you don't like it don't open the thread!

Quote Originally Posted by stalker.308 View Post
    Why? Its really interesting reading about boar hunts and mouflon or hunting down under in Australia, so why limit it? If you don't like it don't open the thread!
    I`m not saying don't allow international hunting discussions ,but create a new heading for this subject to be discussed.

There already is one.... under "other types of shooting".... wild boar, big game hunting
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

That's not very welcoming is it, this sort of attitude does more harm than good, it is no wonder that people will not come on here for fear of having their posts ridiculed or just made to feel unwelcome in general. This site is open for all no matter where they come from and there are enough different forum headings to cater for all types of shooting. I like to read the way it is done elsewhere in the world, as I am sure many others do, all I can suggest to you is to do as already has been stated, if you don't like it don't read it.

Just lately the aggressive, argumentative, confrontational, call it what you will tone has been creeping back into many of the threads on here and it is not wanted. I know I have said it before and have not really been over zealous in policing it but, future behaviour that is out of step with that of common courtesy, will be dealt with in a suitable manner. We waste many hours of our own time on here each week sorting out matters that are bought to our attention via the "reported post" procedure, it looks as if we are not being robust enough in our dealing with these matters, we shall obviously have to get tougher. It will save us a lot of time!

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

I can only echo what my colleague and co owner JAYB has said in his above post. The hunting community (or deer stalking) as we call it in the UK, is international.

AND it is a small world out there, many on here including myself are quite familiar with some of our overseas members, and if we are not they inevitably know someone who knows of us. Therefore we welcome all deer stalkers, recreational, professional/hunters/guides/PH'S/park managers, call them what you will or like they are all welcome on this site.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

I am a member of a small hunting forum from Bavaria; although I don't post on it very often, they always seem to be polite and friendly; they don't even laugh at my German!
    The same forum has members from Australia, America, South Africa, and quite a few other countries.
    With the advent of this new internet thingy, it is inevitable, that eventually, any semi-decent forum is going to become an international 'meeting place' or 'market place' where different ideas, methods and techniques can be discussed and debated.
    As Sikamalc says, someone, somewhere, in different countries, will know us, or know of us, and mention us to other people they know, whether it be good or bad.

What you don't want to know about the women I've had since moving here. Apart from hunting I've been doing my bit to further international realtions .

Hmm. a lot of posts that relate to stalking in Scotland will have to be moved to the 'International' section if they leave the UK then!