Wildcat evolution moderator any good?

corrie

Morning all, has anyone had any experience with the new wildcat evolution moderator in the field? Went to look at one yesterday I was impressed with what I saw comparing them to the predators but not read much about people's experiences with the evolution, your experiences will be welcomed.

corrie

I've had one on my 223 for about a month now, it's a great mod, not very heavy and doesn't seem to heat up as quickly as the predators. To my ear its quieter than the ASE CQB, but I'm not convinced it's the quietest mod out there. However, it seems very well made, its easy to strip down / clean and it's not that expensive.

I'd say go for it if i were you. I can post up some photos if you like?

Sure i'll take some of the mod and it broken down. I've got this one to hand.
IMG_0574.jpg

It's a new mod so i don't think too many people have got them, that's why there isn't much out there about them.

Thread wise, as far as I'm told they can do anything, if they don't have one to hand they can make one in that thread to order

got a predator off em saturday their next batch of evo,s are in monday looks a lot smaller than the predator and cheaper too ,they fitted mine in a couple of minutes whilst i waited .good service ,helpful bloke josh is:tiphat:

Sure i'll take some of the mod and it broken down. I've got this one to hand.
View attachment 39019

It's a new mod so i don't think too many people have got them, that's why there isn't much out there about them.

Thread wise, as far as I'm told they can do anything, if they don't have one to hand they can make one in that thread to order

Many thanks for the photo it looks a great bit of kit, I have only read a couple of reviews on them and to be honest nobody has had any problems, seals the deal I think.

it would be great if you could take some pictures of it stripped down?
Many thanks alijnclarke.

Last edited:
What is the evolution made out of, is it aluminium and stainless like the wildcat or as it is lighter is it an all aluminium construction?

I'd also be interested in seeing some stripped down pics as I'm looking at buying a mod at the moment for my 308

TIA
Neil

What is the evolution made out of, is it aluminium and stainless like the wildcat or as it is lighter is it an all aluminium construction?

I'd also be interested in seeing some stripped down pics as I'm looking at buying a mod at the moment for my 308

TIA
Neil

The evolutions strip down pretty much the same as a predator. Baffle and housing section, threaded bridge module etc

Picked one up yesterday for a new 243, have a wildcat on the 270 and a t8 on my other 243, really light, cracking little mod, zeroed in with electronic ear defenders then took them off to have a listen to a few shots, excellent, probably the cheapest can out there, doesn't look, or sound like it, I'd recommend it!!

I have one on my .270 and a p8 on my .243. A fair bit lighter than the p8 and exellent on the .270. Would recommend these mods without a doubt

Given that you have ressurected a March 2014 (8 year old) thread ... there is a possibility that there are a few out there now although maybe not designed/made in 2008

I've had a Wildcat Evo on my .204 ever since I bought the rifle. Does what it says on the tin and doesn't break the bank to do it. Not too heavy and certainly cuts the decibel level considerably enough to shoot as much as you need to when foxing without ear defenders. If on the range getting plenty of lead downrange I'd probably stick some earplugs in, but for the few shots you actually fire when 'hunting' there's really no need. That cannot be said for the same rifle without the Evo ;)

Got two EVOs, one on 308 and other on 270. Great kit. Not the lightest but let's me see the bullet strike. Strippable and well made

Morning all, has anyone had any experience with the new wildcat evolution moderator in the field? Went to look at one yesterday I was impressed with what I saw comparing them to the predators but not read much about people's experiences with the evolution, your experiences will be welcomed.

corrie
Seems to be very heavy but always produces good groups

Back